Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey PBP, been lurking here for a while and in the process of building up a 49cc...

Looking at a cheap (not $100) HDA Purge Port series, reading has led me to believe WT and clones are just not worth it...

The HdA-164 goes around for $30. Anybody familiar with these? no one has really used this specific model on these motors but its a 16.66mm venturi... 90% sure the bolt holt spacing is spot on with the aluminum intake Wt-603 adaptors...

There's an obvious confusion of mine to why there are so many different models and just making sure this will be sufficient..Any insight for this would be much appreciated.. thanks a lot. -Pat.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hey PBP, been lurking here for a while and in the process of building up a 49cc...

Looking at a cheap (not $100) HDA Purge Port series, reading has led me to believe WT and clones are just not worth it...

The HdA-164 goes around for $30. Anybody familiar with these? no one has really used this specific model on these motors but its a 16.66mm venturi... 90% sure the bolt holt spacing is spot on with the aluminum intake Wt-603 adaptors...

There's an obvious confusion of mine to why there are so many different models and just making sure this will be sufficient..Any insight for this would be much appreciated.. thanks a lot. -Pat.
What model and engine size does the carb come from?....On my Viza Viper w/G450 engine Im running a HDA183.......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks Cam2.... Love the reassurance!... big fan. thanks. Pat.
Youre Welcome.......Let us know how it turns out.....You also may need a pumper carb adapter kit to properly fit it to the manifold.....I modify mine with a dremel to get the purgeports to line up

Id also lighten the flywheel and add a rocket key,,,modify and lighten the clutches for better takeoff too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Interested in any run results on this carburetor.

Hugh
SDscooters
Will let you know... they're $20 shipped, ebay...

Youre Welcome.......Let us know how it turns out.....You also may need a pumper carb adapter kit to properly fit it to the manifold.....I modify mine with a dremel to get the purgeports to line up

Id also lighten the flywheel and add a rocket key,,,modify and lighten the clutches for better takeoff too
Will do, thanks again. I bought a POS scooter on CL. Your scooter project was the inspiration lol..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have 2 HDA48Ds and one HDA223B which are all classified as 19mm carb with a 16.66mm venturi, which are made for 50 to 100cc 2 strokes, where the 603 is 30 to 50cc max carb. you need a 19mm on your engine. Where the 813 and 603s are 16mm x 12.7mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.