Pocketbike Forum banner

Walbro to Cag Alum Manifold to Polini Cases Project.

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
Thanks to Jaloos, and the manifold he made for his W/C engine. I got an alum Cag hp manifold and measured it, to find if I mod the manifold holes & alittle grinding inside the manifold for more space to feed the 4 reeds, it will bolt up. Its going to be mounted sideways and to the right and so is the WT603 Walbro Rep carb. Since the carb has no float bowl, and has a fuel pump it should not matter that much. The plus is the H & L adjustments and idle screw will be on top of the carb.
Has anyone tried this before??
I thought some of you my might enjoy my Mountain Engine Stand Bench, w/ the gas tank nailed to a redwood tree & my return tank is a plastic lunch meat container, w/ a gas line thru a small hole, but it works Great!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought some of you my might enjoy my Mountain Engine Stand Bench, w/ the gas tank nailed to a redwood tree & my return tank is a plastic lunch meat container, w/ a gas line thru a small hole, but it works Great!!

Al Gore would not be "Proud" !!!!

Do the bears drink the gas up there? is that why the can is way up in the tree?

Just Kidding EPR!!!

If it works, It WORKS! Broken Things are no FUN!

;):thumbsup:

#3 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried this before??
Frank Giannini.....He has a Tillotson pumper carb mounted towards where the gastank would be............Check this forum for pics..............I beleive its on a 20hp Polini engine or something like it from what I can remember...I saw it a couple years back in a thread started by Swheels called 'the little ones have arrived"....

#4 ·
Frank Giannini
I Remember Frank, He was such an amazing poster back in the day!

And Trevor Sellers too! (Spell check?) <---This dude could do some Magical things with 2-strokes! Find some of his posts about 4-stroke atomizers on 2-strokes!

Changed my mind more than once!!!

#5 · (Edited)
I have heard both of there names here many times, been way back to 2004 to find all kinds of Motor Heads, doing things that made my head spin. There are hundreds of pages here, it boggles the mind. That guy from over Seas, dark hair & beard, everytime I saw his avatar photo, I thought about Knights in Armor, had some great Posts.
That Cag manifold will bolt to the polini Rep cases, after U shaping the 4 holes. might have to put 2 shims on the top side of the bottom mount bolts to keep it from vibrating around. Going to Yamabond it to the cases, with or with out gaskets, have to see there.
The main worry is the shape of the inside of the alum manifold plenium area will have to be reshaped, I can do that. Taking the Tsun Banshee 19mm intake off the Polini today and see what I can come up with on the manifold.
Waiting for my 94 link #420 Gold Chain, from China, thru SP4L so I can change from 17/38 to 16/28 gears w/ the PBU aircraft alum billet rear gear. Thats 6061 T6 alum, bet I can hit well over 60 mph, now my goal is 70 mph. Have a whole new 110 head I got on ebay for $36, has Cam, lifters, rockers even top plate, plus the 125cc, ( 114cc ) kit w/ high top piston that i had also. Going to port the head, regrind or get another cam. Will compare that to the cam in the X18. I believe there are two stock cams, 68 & 75 or something like that. the X18 has E.L. on the left clutch adj plate the guy that tuned it at MPR,lol,lol.

#7 ·
I took the razor rocket electric bike all apart and put a Cag rear wheel and gear on it, have photos getting ready to Post them here in about an hour. Yes, I am busy, to much time on my hands,lol.

#9 ·
Its from the Styx band, Tommy Shaw. Sitting on this bar stool acting like a Dam Fool, got the 5 oclock news blues, I got to much time on my hands and it's slipping away, slipping away from me, to much time on my hands, to to to to much time on my hands,lol,lol.

#10 ·
(Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto)
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
Mata ahoo Hima de
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
Himitsu wo Shiri tai

You're wondering who I am
(Secret secret, I've got a secret)

Machine or mannequin

With parts made in Japan

I am the Modern Man

I've got a secret
I've been hiding
Under my skin

My heart is human
My blood is boiling
My brain IBM <-----WoW mine is a Quad Core (With Hyper-threading) Intel Core I-7 920 at 1.21 gigawatts!

:thumbsup::p:thumbsup:

STYX - MR. ROBOTO LYRICS

#11 · (Edited)
I have both those albums LP records, and a best of Styx CD. I like the Dam Yankees, Tommy Shaw, Ted Nugent, 2 Night Ranger members, they are all Legends, but together they Rock The House,lol. I also like The SpinDoctors, Little Miss, Little Miss Can't Be Wrong, I love to play that to my Wife when see messes up,lol,lol.

#12 ·
I downloaded all that from GrooveShark.com ohh wait, ooops, I meant to say I bought all those from I-Tunes ahahahaha I Love Microsoft better!!!!

You like some Good (and yet old) Music! <---From back BEFORE the word "Bling-Bling"

hahah :p:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.