Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont really know much about electric bikes but iv been wanting to make one so if any one knows of a good kit or which parts i would need to make a decent bike please let me know. prices range of about 400-500.

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but i have an x 19, planed on getting a 140cc and making it street legal but i got a ninja 250 from my dad so i figured id make it electric, still go for street legal tho sense that would be cool. idk yet tho. wanted to see what people would suggest as for as a good motor and what the cost of everything would be.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How fast do you the bike to go because if you only want it to go 25mph then you could get a 36 volt 1000 watt motor, a razor mx500 controller and a 5 wire throttle. If you want it to go 40 then you would have get some lipo batteries or get a c80100 brushless outrunner motor and use that. If you go that way then you would have to get a rc airplane esc that can handle 12s(44.4 volts), a servo tester, a 3 wire throttle, and some lipo batteries because lead acid batteries will not be able to put out the current the lipos can.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Want to answer this one but a decent reply will require up to 3 pages. There are so many if's with electrics.

Short answer assuming a tight budget, 175lbs and ~30mph:
Brushed motor 2-4hp
Controller 100-200amps
Lead acid batteries. (hawker/genesis or b&b) hawker batteries can be recharged in minutes.
Try to stay between 24 and 36 volts. Voltage is expensive in coin, space, and weight.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone but this was only a thought, decided to stay with gas engines sense i know a little about them and nothing of electric and would like to have a good budget when ever i build my electric bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts