Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a x18 and would like to make it a stunt bike what are some mods i could do for that? any help appreciated.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
hey guys i got a x18 and would like to make it a stunt bike what are some mods i could do for that? any help appreciated.

Adding pegs to the back axle will make wheelies much easier, but, it's harder to cover that rear brake when your foot is far away from the pedal...

I would also remove the bodywork, or at least fab up a cage to protect it, one good crash and it's gonna fly into pieces!

Sounds like a fun project! try to post some pictures as you mod that thing!

We want to SEE it! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the bike is stock right now but will try to post some pics. Do you think I should remove the wiring from the bike and leave the main wires that I need to run the bike.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Well to be honest it would be cheaper to fab up your own parts but def go with the street fighter look and I'll buy you plastics to help u out with cash if u like lol

But pbu is the only place I've seen for these bolt on stunt bike parts like a 12o clock bar frame sliders and pegs for the rear axle I got my pegs at k mart for 20 bucks and drilled the hole to fit my axle you will also want lower gearing such as a bigger rear sproket but then u will need a bigger chain I think I've seen 44t rears but not any bigger than that and you might consider changing the rear brake to be hand activated I've seen some with two levers on the left one for clutch and one for brake another weak point is the handle bars they always seem to move on me and I have not found a better solution to that one yet but I have not searched too much I think cam has a stunt bike maybe he will chime in to help u

Hope this was a little helpfull

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a fun idea, I occasionally take my bike out into the trails it holds up pretty good but really needed to tighten up the rear suspension as much as I could. The front suspension can't really take a huge hit before it will bottom out so be careful there. First thing I would do for a "stunt" bike is mod the suspension if you plan on doing jumps. and maybe strengthening the frame (my main worry is the tires popping or my frame falling apart, welds breaking) Keep us up to date! Would love to see when you are finished!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bet you could try to run thicker oil in the front shocks, that should tighten it up so it wouldn't "bottom out" quite as fast.
Hey Thanks for advice maybe I will try that sometime! Been raining all weekend so no time to do anything right now, and working on a bunch of other stuff! Maybe one day! :p Time is a precious commodity these days.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I customized every part of my Stunt bike...........

I added a set of customized progressive suspension front springs,,Lucas oil treatment to the front forks..

I added a beefier 90/90-10 front tire

I added a tube to the rear tire to allow the rear tire to be aired down really low if needed

I chopped down the bodywork and plastic welded it into a solid 1 piece design

I added frame sliders and sliders on modified engine side covers

I added an engine protector plate

I added unbreakable folding clutch and front brake levers

I custom made a folding foot shifter

For the rear wheelie pegs I used a set off of an x-1 so they fold up out of the way when not needed

I modified the rear brake footpedal

I added a second rear brake caliper and hand control for wheelie control

I fabbed up the rear wheelie bar myself.....

I raised the gearing ratio by adding a 14 tooth front sprocket to get alot of lowend torque in first gear for wheelies

I got rid of the weak aluminum footpeg mounts and made some tougher ones out of steel.........

I heavily modified the engine/trans/clutch/brakes to handle the abuse of stunting

I lightened it up by removing the wiring not needed,switches and the battery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys i think im gonna start off by putting pegs on rear axle and maybe removing the wiring, as well as putting a bigger rear sprocket. Oh and by the way i dont have such a big workshop like welding and stuff like that so cant really make the parts and fab them myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and Cam what do you mean you added a second rear brake caliper? where did you hook it onto?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
I bet you could try to run thicker oil in the front shocks, that should tighten it up so it wouldn't "bottom out" quite as fast.
that will help alot, i used a few tblspns of 90w
these bikes arent gonna hold up to mx duty, its road designed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys whats up. i dont have the x18 any more i traded it for a x15 and 100 bucks so very happy. so what can i do to this bike for it to be a stunter. sorry i made you guys gimme all that info bout the x18 lol. lemme know what i can do with this x15. its got a car kn air filter an everything else is stock

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
No problem! good job trading and getting some extra $$$ too!

It's basically the same engine, and the frame / wheels should be really close, so pretty much the same stuff will work on any of the 4-stroke MidBikes / Super Pocket bikes.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
no the frames are way different
take a pic of the 15 swingarm, those are too weak for stunting, you would have been better off with the 18

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
What if you boxed the inside of the swingarm like I plan to do to my x19 I think that will help alot or am I just going to waist my time with that

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
hmm, I wonder if cheap (possibly ugly) but bulletproof upgrade swing-arms would be a good fit?

I just wish I had an old crappy one to measure, Anybody got one off the bike and want to take some pictures / measurements for me??? :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey sorry was gone for a while. would the x18 swingarm fit on the x15 frame. Cuz I got two spare frames one is x15 and one is x18. An what are some homemade mods I can do to x15

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Oh an nick you need x15 swingarm pics and measurements?
Yes please!

If I did I would design a Better one, for fun, and then maybe grab some tubing and bend something up....

I do remember hearing the swing arms on some of the bikes were a little weak, I think it could be fixed with a welder, some tubing and some pictures / measurements / time.

I've got all of that except the pictures and the measurements...

It would be a big help, shots from straight 90 degree angles would be GREAT (Top, Side, Front, Back) Thanks in advance ;):thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts