Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you may have remembered my super old post about the one I got before and painted plastics metallic green.

I traded that for another project that never got finished.

I found another one for $120 and all it needed was a new carburetor. I have a wt-603 on it now and it runs good.

I cleaned the chain, took the motor apart and cleaned some other things too.

I have let it sit for quite some time but I got a few new gopeds (gsr40, gsr46r) and decided to get this running again too.

I am going to paint it again. Probably the same color.

Anyways, I'm looking for some info on the motor and parts I can get for it.

I am familiar with g23lh, g230, g270rc, g430 and gp460 motors. None of these seem to have ANY parts that fit onto it. It's either got a smaller or bigger bolt pattern for everything.

I would love to get a proper stock exhaust can or possibly an exhaust pipe (tuned would be great, for torque/acceleration) as well as some new gaskets all around.

Any help appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/OubOOg2

· Banned
21,780 Posts
Welcome back...……..That engine appears to be a 35cc Zenoah based scooter engine but looking at it as a whole with the red case it appears to be a RedMax or even a Shindawa weedeater…Seeings it has a real Walbro carb Im guessing RedMax..Shindawa uses a china copy carb..…Both are Zenoah based too btw..…....

I know you say it runs but judging by the wetness of oil build-up behind the flywheel its gonna need a crank seal there..

I had a similar engine with bigger clutch and e-start on a scooter that was 43cc's with a 40mm piston x 34mm stroke..

One thing that sux on them is how the coil is mounted inside the fancase..

On my 1999 Viza Viper I had a 45cc with HDA 19mm carburetor..

Good Luck with it

· Registered
1 Posts
So some of you may have remembered my super old post about the one I got before and painted plastics metallic green.

I traded that for another project that never got finished.

I found another one for $120 and all it needed was a new carburetor. I have a wt-603 on it now and it runs good.

I cleaned the chain, took the motor apart and cleaned some other things too.

I have let it sit for quite some time but I got a few new gopeds (gsr40, gsr46r) and decided to get this running again too.

I am going to paint it again. Probably the same color.

Anyways, I'm looking for some info on the motor and parts I can get for it.

I am familiar with g23lh, g230, g270rc, g430 and gp460 motors. None of these seem to have ANY parts that fit onto it. It's either got a smaller or bigger bolt pattern for everything.

I would love to get a proper stock exhaust can or possibly an exhaust pipe (tuned would be great, for torque/acceleration) as well as some new gaskets all around.

Any help appreciated.

What parts did you end up buying for the pawl and pullstart

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
Hmmm, I will tell you the bad, you must know exactly what engine it is to look up, just continually look at all pull starts that look the same, on eBay or Amazon and check measurements and most won't have measurements. While I am on there I will look.

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
That engine mounts through 4 holes on the side. Not a direct bolt on. Fabricate an engine mount and it would work.
Does the current engine mount off the bottom of the engine?
You would be better looking up the goped 460 engine, it mounts from the bottom of the case, or the piston port 49cc pocket bike (x-series) engine.

· Registered
5 Posts
That engine mounts through 4 holes on the side. Not a direct bolt on. Fabricate an engine mount and it would work.
Does the current engine mount off the bottom of the engine?
You would be better looking up the goped 460 engine, it mounts from the bottom of the case, or the piston port 49cc pocket bike (x-series) engine.
It is actually a side mount on the bike so it looks the same

· Registered
5 Posts
Have you measured the mounting bolts from side to side and up-and-down?
well it would be nice to see some engines with the same mount style to compare them to first, this chinese one in my link doesn't show any dimensions but the clutch looks exactly the same so i think it would. a client brought this thing into my shop so im tryin to help him get it going.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts