1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
stock is the quietest it sounds like a weed wacker because it is lol

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
Did you buy it new because I know the first thing that I do whenever I get anything is I bust out the DeWalt and drill out the baffles

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Re: What’s the quietest muffler out there???

Did you buy it new because I know the first thing that I do whenever I get anything is I bust out the DeWalt and drill out the baffles
Doest that make the exhaust louder though??..I thought this thread was about a quieter muffler..........

A much quieter exhaust is a custommade dual chamber exhaust with stinger....

It will be almost whisper quiet like a weedeater and still deliver performance..............

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
What I was trying to say was did you get the machine used because if you did get the machine used someone may have drilled out the baffles

back in the old days my dad whould zip tie a peace of cut off bike inertube about 8 inches long on his dirt bike stinger so it whould pass sound check inspections befor poker runs at capital forest

those where the days lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doest that make the exhaust louder though??..I thought this thread was about a quieter muffler..........

A much quieter exhaust is a custommade dual chamber exhaust with stinger....

It will be almost whisper quiet like a weedeater and still deliver performance..............
We’re can I get something like this from?

I did get it used but as far as I can tell it has not been tampered with.

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
If the stock exhaust has not been modified and you feel that it's too loud for you I would call some local motorcycle shops and muffler shops and ask around eventually you'll find someone that can come up with something to quiet it down basically anything after market is going to be louder than stock and you're going to have to have something custom made...

You might get lucky try a Briggs & Stratton Muffler and have it welded to the end of the stock Muffler or figure out a way to thread it on with some pipe and some adapters and stuff from the hardware store

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Briggs-Stratton-Muffler-395006-New-Old-Stock-/302829139544

1 - 10 of 10 Posts