Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded a broken PS3 for a "working" mini bike. The bike runs he said and he even started it infront of me, however he connected it to what looked like a car battery laying in his back yard with a wire running from it. I don't know what this bike is even called, if that would help me at all..

It appears I need to get a battery for it (obviously...) but should I get a battery to put on internally, or just have to jump it from a battery every time before I start it?

Here's a pic, I took the seat off for a better view. He said he upgraded the motor on it, so it goes about 60MPH (or so he says). The speedometer says up to 40 but he said it can go past it

Help me learn a little something about this thing!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I recently traded a broken PS3 for a "working" mini bike. The bike runs he said and he even started it infront of me, however he connected it to what looked like a car battery laying in his back yard with a wire running from it. I don't know what this bike is even called, if that would help me at all..

It appears I need to get a battery for it (obviously...) but should I get a battery to put on internally, or just have to jump it from a battery every time before I start it?

Here's a pic, I took the seat off for a better view. He said he upgraded the motor on it, so it goes about 60MPH (or so he says). The speedometer says up to 40 but he said it can go past it

Help me learn a little something about this thing!

Thats an X12

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what kind of battery can I put on this thing? And how much? Can I test it out first by jump starting it hooking it up to my car (turned off)? I don't really wanna buy a battery before seeing how it runs first also, I just need to find a **** way to start this thing to test it out...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
A small motorcycle or ATV 12v battery....

You can CAREFULLY test it via a car battery / jump start... but remember, if something fry's bad, it could pop some fuses on your Car :eek:

one of BatVamps threads has some good info about batteries, and there is another thread with a link and everything somewhere...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would do a 12v 7amp. Have not checked the ebay thing yet buy anyway, nice trade!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts