Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Banshee 50 cc. I installed PBU head , I have PBU black Widow reed kit and stick carb! Upgraded clutch, well anyways, I filled it up with gas and I went to start it for first time and nothing! I was dripping gas ! Lots! And I checked gas lines and all good no leaks! Gas dripping from air filter? I took exhaust pipe off and exhaust manifold full of gas!! What the f$&@&$? I needed to borrow my wives Turkey baster to suck up gas!! What I do wrong???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Needlvalve from carb doesn't close so the complete fuel run through the carb into the engine.
Had the same problem with a dello carb. Clean the carb and renew the needle of the needle valve.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow , thank you Chris ! Whew! Man, blew Me away! Thanks for your Help! Trying to get the upgrades, You gave Me up and going! Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, your right ! I got the other one going yesterday with a Genuine Delorto 19mm. carb! I should of filled the tank more, I ended pushing back to the truck! LOL! Well, for being that I have never worked on motor before, I have learned a lot from this site and You people to help Me! Thank You!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike with Black widow reeds, is the one that I flooded it out Yesterday! LOL! I am going to install ADA racing head kit on the bike with new Delorto carb. But, I'm kinda now sure, because, the bike with PBU head and reeds have to fix carb to let it start up. I know I'm confusing , I have two Banshees with different set ups!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just like Chris said its your needle valve. I wouldn't worry about switching out your head or reeds yet. Just get your carb working right and then see what happens. Either your needle valve is suck or your float is stuck at the bottom but there is nothing stopping the gas from continually flowing. You can find the needle valve in the float bowl of the carb. Take off the bowl, you'll see the float and a bracket that the float lifts up and down. On one end of the bracket you'll see a tiny little cylindrical piece, one end of it is in some way attached to the bracket. the other end is in a tube/port, it has a more pointed tip. This cylindrical piece is the needle valve. As the bowl fills with gas it lifts the float which lifts the bracket and pushes the needle valve further into the tube/port. this blocks any more gas from flowing in. I would clean the entire bowl, float, bracket, valve and tube as best as you can. Make sure there is nothing that would prevent these pieces from moving freely. I attached a picture of the needle valve so you can see what you're looking for. Remember it may not be the needle valve that is the issue it could be your float or bracket. They all work together to shut the gas line when the bowl is full.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It started up fine now but, clutch is stuck and pull start! Ahhhhh! Was running fine and went to get on and it locked up! Feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the foot ball away!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow ! Brand new clutch ! And I measured it really good! Well I get the chance to work on it again , I'll see what wrong with It!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took Clutch Bell off today and found that one of the pads disintegrated, parts are sitting in the bottom of case. I need to go get My puller from My brother. I don't get it? I adjusted everything down to specs. Well according to forums on this site! Red springs look good, just one pad sheered off!

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
If it's a Chinese clutch then the clutch pad delaminating from the clutch arm is a common occurrence try talking to Chrisi with any luck he'll have some sort of genuine high quality clutch that will fit in there.

I have been on this forum for quite a long time now and the three most common problems with those rep bikes are

Cracks in the intake manifold and carburetor causing vacuum leaks

Water pump issues

Clutch issues

If you address these three problems and replace the Chinese clone parts with genuine parts you will have a lot less future headaches

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's a Chinese clutch then the clutch pad delaminating from the clutch arm is a common occurrence try talking to Chrisi with any luck he'll have some sort of genuine high quality clutch that will fit in there.

I have been on this forum for quite a long time now and the three most common problems with those rep bikes are

Cracks in the intake manifold and carburetor causing vacuum leaks

Water pump issues

Clutch issues

If you address these three problems and replace the Chinese clone parts with genuine parts you will have a lot less future headaches
Yes Sir, I am trying to slowly upgrade parts, I thank You for your feed back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts