Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Sticker on bike: Zhejiang Sun Star Scooter Co. LTD
: Model, GS704
: Engine Family, 7ZSSXO.05TSM
: Model Year, 2007
New Star Technology :USA), Inc. It also has a stamp on the head looks like QT2, or Ut2

Motor etc info would be most appreciated...

Thanks in advance, P.s. I just got a 110v Mig welder :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you! Yeah, I am a little big for this, but it's gonna be a cool little project! Any way to tell aside from pulling the jug what cc it actually is? What all work have you done to your sons? Do you have a build thread?

Again, thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
186 Posts
i havent realy done to much to his , i built a new silencer for the exhaust , just repainted it the other day , ive mainly just been fixing the bugs i find as they come , i do plan on re-gearing it in the next week or so , hes got a 6t up front and a 54t in the rear and its just got no take off power , im probably going to put a 62ish in the rear and see if that helps , i havent done a built thread thow , i probably should of thow ,., im honestly not sure if theres a way to tell the actual cc size other than pullng the jug off , im pretty sure a 47cc is a 40mm piston and a 49cc is a 44mm piston , im not even sure what cc engine my son has

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, I opened up the can, nothing in it? How did you go about a silencer, did you make a tube that goes all the way through it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmm, I opened up the can, nothing in it? How did you go about a silencer, did you make a tube that goes all the way through it?
cracked the can open and there was nothing in there , i used a price of copper pipe and drilled a bunch of holes in it and then stuffed the can with some metal brillow pads , capped it off and used a few cotter pins and then used a copper 90degree bend to point down , quiet as hell now , ill try and post a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Buzz, you can get a bigger ATV for you new, a 125cc 4 stroke automatic trans for $600 or so. MPR has them, Tsun too and others.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buzz, you can get a bigger ATV for you new, a 125cc 4 stroke automatic trans for $600 or so. MPR has them, Tsun too and others.
Thank you, EPR! I am having a blast working on this Mini! Although it is a bit small for my needs! I would like to find, build a pocket bike next! It's just fun to work on the little bikes! Looks like allot of people around here value your input on the bikes, and engines, so I am glad you chimed in!

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
These little minis are gutless, try to ride it up even a slight hill, have to hit it at top speed. Yeah, I'm 5' 11.5" tall, and a bad neck, so me and the small bikes are limited. The X18 and my ZX1 110cc 4 stroke dirt bikes are much bigger, or Super Pocket Bike class. My 3 kids will ride the smaller bikes. My Lucky 7 the first bike in the avatar photo, has front pegs only on the front axle, the front forks are off a water cooled C1, like my orange bike. It has 3 times the hp as a 47cc Cag. I had to put 8/68 gears to keep the front end down. it came w/ 6/72 gears way to low for me, w/ the 8/68 gears it flys on the top end, I don't even want to GPS it, cause I don't want to know but it's 58 pounds of Crazy. My pegs on10 speed clips on the back axle, I lay down on the bike and my face is real close to the ground which makes it look even faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
pocket bikes are great fun when you start pokin around in em, ive got a midi and a mini, my midi is stock but my mini has a single reed mod, rocket key, alluminium v stack and k&n style air filter and that thing is el rapido. when i have the money im thinkin about fittin a hp carb and exhaust

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Get a 1/4" or 6mm drill , stick dull end in the exhaust port till it hits the otherside, mark the drill with a felt pen or... Take it out and measure it.
A 47cc is 40mm, a 49cc is 44mm, 4mm bigger, should be able to tell that way foresure,lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get a 1/4" or 6mm drill , stick dull end in the exhaust port till it hits the otherside, mark the drill with a felt pen or... Take it out and measure it.
A 47cc is 40mm, a 49cc is 44mm, 4mm bigger, should be able to tell that way foresure,lol.
Lol.... I went a little different route, but hey I got my answer it's 40mm... Also I guess the first number on the case, in my case 40-*** etc... is likely the displacement....

40mm.JPG

Thanks again, EPR! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Usually you can tell by the fins on the cyld, and the 49cc is .250" bigger on the outside. I can just look in the exh port and tell now. Some say it 43cc and 49cc. The 40mm rev higher than the big bores with FC crank, stroker type kits. Get a rocket key, cut some fins off the flywheel, mod the stock clutch, a good carb & CF reeds and hp exhaust, that will help alot. My next engine is an 40mm ADA Billet alum head and cylinder kit, comes w/ SS head bolts and washers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts