Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to do a motor swap to a lifan 140cc on my x18.
The kit i am buying comes with:
Lifan 140cc motor
26mm Mikuni carb
40 mm air filter
cnc oil cooler set with oil lines
kick start shift lever
clutch cable
clutch lever perch
engine cover
engine wiring harness
24mm intake manifold
seal gasket and nessisary nuts and bolts
ignition coil
cdi box
and a wiring diagram

So what do i need to get after all that?
can i use my x18 throttle controll and cable?
and will I be able to use my stock exaust?

Please help me out

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
You may or should able to use your stock cable but u will need to fab/bend a exhaust either buy one fir a pit bike or have a exhaust shop bend fab one up and just get a muffler

I was able to use my stock throttle and cable but I only usedbit for a day and then my billet throttle came in and it seemed ok for that day

If u do get a billetbthrottle get a 90• cable for it tho

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may or should able to use your stock cable but u will need to fab/bend a exhaust either buy one fir a pit bike or have a exhaust shop bend fab one up and just get a muffler

I was able to use my stock throttle and cable but I only usedbit for a day and then my billet throttle came in and it seemed ok for that day

If u do get a billetbthrottle get a 90• cable for it tho

can you send me the link to the one you got? thank you

·
1,278 Posts
I think it tells u on the site prob all up ask them if your not sure cuz im not positive I've never had that motor

·
1,278 Posts
Do u want to try and use it on the new motor ??
On mine the shifter is held by a bolt behind it a 14mm and the part connected to the motor is a pinch bolt 10mm take those off and it should come off

·
1,278 Posts
Its a pinch bolt find the opening below where the bolt was should look like a split in the metal use a chisel or small screwdriver to open the split also try some wd40 or something to help and pry a little from behind the lever

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts

·
1,278 Posts
i have two of those and they are awesome, i left mine dry cause i didnt want grease to hinder operation or become hard eventually, they work perfect
you can gut/work the stock pipe till you can get a better one
ya to be honest maybe the one on my 19 was a machined defect or something cuz I have another one and it is as smooth as glass but this one felt kinda scratchy on the return all the time so I just put a little bit of bearing grease on it inside very little and its been perfect since then but fie the money I love em now I just need to find a cultch lever assy that works just as nice all the less expensive ones I've tried are no good and other than that there over 150 for one lol I'll find one soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.