Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 49cc Cateye pocket bike in red and I just bought a CNC 1/4 Turn Throttle in blue from here:

http://www.pocketbikeparts.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=85

What type of grips would fit on it and what type should I get? I was thinking of putting these on it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-TAPE...ies&hash=item19d6982ff7&_uhb=1#ht_1468wt_1163

but think people will think its stupid as protaper bars are for dirtbikes. What grips do you think I should get?

Thanks,

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
MOST any grip will fit. Protaper is sick, who cares if they're for dirt bikes :) Since u bought a blue throttle, I'd probably stick with blue grips.. But then again, you have a Red bike so idk!! Personal preference is going to play a role here!

·
PBP STUNTER
146 Posts
I have protaper oversized bar mounts on both my x18s, and protaper bars on one of them. I know they're not cat eyes, but I don't care if someone thinks protapers are dumb on a small bike.

I have protaper rock star grips on my stunter and 5$ half waffle grips on the gold one. I actually plan on getting the same grips your ordered for the gold bike when its done being redone lol. No sure what color I want yet though as I havnt settled on the final design.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My throttle grip feels pretty cheap especially when turning right. I need better grips for sure.

If these bikes don't have throttle tubes and youre not just putting a new grip over the stock throttle grip, I have no idea how that side gets rigged up.

·
PBP STUNTER
146 Posts
the spring might be a wired-grip.

The put a coil of wire into the grip to add extra texture to gripping, or to keep the grip from tightening to much down on a flimsy throttle tube, as it can make it stick.

You can also tighten wire around the outside with pliers to cinch it to the bars.

I use hairspray, a blow-drier and/or grip goo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.