Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I hooked everything back up for the final time to make sure bike was ready for tomorrow, so all I had to do was install Exhaust and go. Put the chain on and started the bike, ran good. I gave it some gas the chain came off need to adjust (can somebody make video on how to tighten chain?) anyway bike was still running, then it shut off and now will not restart, I hope I did not mess up anything?? Without the back pressure from exhaust it will not run for long right? and when it dies how can I get it restarted?

Also my new engine came with a 6 tooth sprocket, do I need a different chain or rear sprocket? or do I need to change it you the stock one? I hope I can get it running tomorrow been waiting a long time

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bike started again this morning :thumbsup: need exhaust should be here in the next few hours :thumbsup: Still need to know about front sprocket and a easy way to tighten chain, Ive done it before but I had to undo the axles and it turned into a pain

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Tighten the chain using the adjusters at the back of the bike, on the ends of the swing-arm, you will need to loosen the rear wheel, and then turn each of the two adjusting nuts clockwise, that will pull the rear wheel backwards, tightening the chain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, Ive learned a lot of these bike since Ive started with them. They really are simple, not much to it. Plus when I was younger I was a "street racer" so I know my way around an engine a little bit

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess Fedex played me either they are not going to bring today, or it will be while I'm at work. pocket bike parts .c o m normally have good shipping habits, even if you dont get tracking number, its on the way. Guess not this time... now I have to email them and wait for a tracking number to be sent to me, per them it was sent out on 15th but they dont have tracking info with Customer service, I have to email and wait for a reply ?!?!?!?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not riding is going to be the death of me I know it... I 'm thinking about taking after market of stock cag and put it on my red bike and letting the bike one rock the stock pipe till new one comes in

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Not riding is going to be the death of me I know it...
Me TOOOOOOO !!!!! this C1 I'm fixing for my buddy Mike is taking forever, Because EPR keeps talking trash on me, so I have to do "extra" work, Mike would have never noticed, until "Someone" had to point it out! ;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, My next plan is to open up a track and start selling and racing these bikes, I see alot of money to be made with them. Only issue is if you want to sale them you have to give people a place to ride them... Me and my son ride around nieghboorhood and some times we go up to the school to ride, My guy next door is a cop, he said as long as we are not on main roads should not have an issue

Funny thing the more time and money I spend on these bikes the more my wife hates them...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so I put exhaust from other bike, gt everything back together and ready to go and if starting yesterday, I am in a full sweat and it still has not started :eek:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
post some pictures or video's it's much easier if we can see what is going on...

We will all try to help, NO MATTER WHAT!

Have you tried to "Dribble" a few drops of gas/oil into the spark plug hole? or even into the back of the carburetor? sometimes it will help to get the fuel system primed...

Nick.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
post some pictures or video's it's much easier if we can see what is going on...

Have you tried to "Dribble" a few drops of gas/oil into the spark plug hole? or even into the back of the carburetor? sometimes it will help to get the fuel system primed...

Nick.
Have not tried that but I go it to run, went down the street and came back up and died and will not start again, this is the reason I replaced the engine, so now everything has been replaced, minus the gas tank and line, filter was changed when I got the bike but not since issues

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Nick.
can I use starter fluid

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you are right when I did get it start I had to have my son twist the gas, fired right up then I saw I had the idel screw out to far because it would not stay start, so when I tighten it I got it to start and stay started. went for a short ride and it died, I 'm thinking maybe the filter or gas tank or line may have a block. will TS tomorrow, done messing with it today

1 - 20 of 27 Posts