Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m really new to the whole pocket bike thing. I’m picking this one up tomorrow for free, and want to know what the frame is so I can figure out what kind of engine I can throw in it. I’d like to go with something bigger than the standard 47-50cc, and want to do it generally cheap as just something to work on and play with this summer. Thank you for your help ahead of time, and sorry if I put this in the wrong area of the forum!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,439 Posts
Hi and welcome. Its a MTA2 Cag. Look on ebay or Amazon for 47cc 49cc parts. You can get a brand new engine on ebay which is a 40mm (the smaller but still can be a powerhouse) for roughly $50. You can also fit the bigger gas tank in that frame. I noticed the 5 spoke front wheel, thats a plus. Ask us anything we are here to help

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
Hi and welcome. Its a MTA2 Cag. Look on ebay or Amazon for 47cc 49cc parts. You can get a brand new engine on ebay which is a 40mm (the smaller but still can be a powerhouse) for roughly $50. You can also fit the bigger gas tank in that frame. I noticed the 5 spoke front wheel, thats a plus. Ask us anything we are here to help
They are all 49cc now 44mm cylinder I don't think they make the smaller engine anymore.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
All the ones that I have bought with the one piece heads have been 40mm. A few friends bought a couple each, all 40mm. The 2 piece head or 'race engine' are definitely 44mm. That has been my recent experience.

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
All the ones that I have bought with the one piece heads have been 40mm. A few friends bought a couple each, all 40mm. The 2 piece head or 'race engine' are definitely 44mm. That has been my recent experience.
I guess it's just what ever shows up in the mail I got 3 all from different sellers all are 44mm I get the ones with the plastic pull start the ones that have been upgraded have aluminum pull starters and race parts already on them I feel are the ones that they are trying to get rid of for whatever reasons... I know the old 40mm smaller ones came with the plastic pull starter with the plastic pawl in it and the 44mm has the plastic pull starter with the aluminum pawl the aluminum pawl doesn't break so there is no need for them to switch it to the full aluminum pull starter but that's just my thinking behind it the Chinese have no real method to their madness.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeah I agree that they have no method to their Madness. And all of my engines came with a metal pawl. I got lucky. Ha
But regardless of what shows up at least you get a fresh engine to start with.

·
Banned
380 Posts
It has 5 spoke rims, never seen an A2 Cag w/ 5, but I could be wrong. It might be an A3 that came w/a 15mm pumper carb from the factory, they had 5 spoke rims. Not sure about the Cag with the rear shock, RSR-GP I believe from Minipocketrockets.com. near Los Angeles. You can probably check there, they show the 2 strokes and when you order they say their are none, do you want to buy a 4 stroke, what a bunch of low lives, lol. I have 3 bikes from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.