Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have seen bikes very similar if not the same somewere in the world on my working travels around the world but cant remember which country it was

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah okay I was assuming it looked like a Blata 2.5/clone as well. Yes Blitz it's tiny! It's so cute. I picked it up for $60, but let's say $75 with my gas cost. It needs its body bolted on, a full clean up, the exhaust put back on and a new pull start assembly. It'll be my project for summer next year so it's about to sit for more time.

The bikes seem VERY "torquey". He had a running one he wanted $150 for and at about half throttle, it flew. I'm sure the speed isn't much but the pull is scary so I doubt I'll mod it, probably more cosmetic changes and bigger wheels.

Can some explain the smoke? Why don't the midbikes smoke?

Won't get ahead of myself, my X1 will be my rider/focus for the year :)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Good Job Vampire! You take to fixing engines / motorcycles like a Fish to Water..

Good job breaking, no wait, SMASHING silly Old Stereotypes! Girls can work on Anything just as well as any man!

Men are just more crazy, and able to stare at things forever, plus, lots of girls really do HATE to get dirty. Hell, I don't like to get dirty, but it's a price I'll pay to turn those wrenches...

ps

about the smoke, he was probably mixing too much oil in with the gas, lots of people just dump a bunch of oil in there and call it a day, I bet a proper mix, and running it for a while / maybe even cleaning the exhaust / engine would fix it up...

Be sure to check and see if the spark plug looks really "Fouled" (covered with oil) this would be another sign.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not to be sexist or anything, but girls only get paid less because guys have to actually pay for their speeding tickets... just sayin. lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! It's less intimidating because it's so small so I figure I can learn by playing with that one. Haha getting into the dirty work is more fun, much better than just staring at the bike. Ah okay yeah oil mix and plug, makes sense.

iFerret LOL. My roommate was in the carpool lane by herself and got off without a ticket because when the cop asked her if she knew why she was getting pulled over, she said no. When he explained carpool rules, she said her pitbull was in the car. He laughed and let her go. Maybe because said pitbull is adorable. Still, that's like a minimum $395 ticket.

p.s. How would I go about figuring out if it's a clone? Are the engines stamped or anything like that?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yes, the engine and frame should have a Blata mark on it somewhere, sometimes on the side of the cylinder...

I think it could be the real deal, I'm remembering the china cloned ones all coming with 6.5" wheel's, but I could be wrong... :confused:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can go check the frame right now. Cylinder would be in a few weeks. Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got pictures of 2 marks on the frame, they were on the fork assembly.
Please excuse poor ipod touch pics.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow I'm being slow today. I didn't recognize it as the symbol, I was seeing a sideways "M" inside of a heart...It is the Blata symbol! If the Chinese clones had that also(like how fake Chanel purses still have serial numbers and leather stamps), then I'm not sure. But if they didn't, I've got a Blata 2.5 woohoo! Anything bigger like the Elites would throw me into a parked car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll give you 20 bucks, with shipping included... lol

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
thats great, i thought i was getting a china cag and got an italian zpf, awesome
my bike smokes at 40:1, i wouldnt go higher than that

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I saw the picture, I thought it was but I did take into account it could be a clone. Still worth $60. Most of the old cags I was finding were $100+ plus I wanted to be really low to the ground to practice corners.

When he ran the sibling bike, I thought it had to be real because of how it took off stock but I didn't think to check the frame or anything. It needs some love but I'm excited. Drove 4 hours to pick it up(2 there, 2back), glad it was worth it.

Lol sorry Ferret, it's now one of the kids.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha right? I'm pretty happy. Alright when I get it going after a proper clean out, I'll keep the ratio in check.

thats great, i thought i was getting a china cag and got an italian zpf, awesome
my bike smokes at 40:1, i wouldnt go higher than that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts