Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can get inverted forks and triple clamps for a 816 Ducati replica pocketbike(a model rarely sold in the us) they are the closest thing to the real deal.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
You can get inverted forks and triple clamps for a 816 Ducati replica pocketbike(a model rarely sold in the us) they are the closest thing to the real deal.
Hi Kas! Welcome Back! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry it took me forever to respond. Thank you so much for the website and parts suggestions, I'll look into it there!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
hey vamp, a friend bought those usd forks to race on and it turns out they are no better or even worse than the regular ones
so only get them for the look appeal, not to bust a move around a corner
is this the bike?

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm I see. Maybe I'll hold until I learn more.

Yes that's the bike <3 I'm a "tad" bit obsessed with bmw and the fairings are pretty close so I figured I'd attempt a semi-replica. Not going to go too crazy, just paint and decals but I wanted to figure out the front fairing situation. If the forks suck and are only pretty pieces, I might skip out on those and try and find a way to get a single head light up front.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
you can make the stock forks worthy, and paint them too
i said the x19 front cause it has a huge headlight like your beemer
all my bikes are ninjas

·
1,910 Posts
Yeah I bought those forks and they are barely worth the money and I can't easily mod them to work even close to what you can get out of the stock forks. I have some ideas but it's going to take major work. But considering what I have into them already, dual radial Brembo copies, adaptors, and some internal work it's work the time to see if it will do as well as I think.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please tell me more Blitz, I was unaware of fork mods.

hglenn please keep us updated on your forks! Sounds interesting, I know nothing about them(well modifying them).

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
vamp, im refering to forks from a x15-18-19
first is drain out the oil and replace it with 90w, maybe a few tablespoons
Swheels made a set of fork adjusters for me that screw into the cap to dial in the bound
since then ive been able to race as fast as i can without losing the front end
the first thing i did was take each fork then leaned my whole body weight on it, if it bottomed out then id add oil till it did much better, then it was time to ride and fine tune
this shot is with the adjustment screws all the way in

Attachments

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
hey vamp, a friend bought those usd forks to race on and it turns out they are no better or even worse than the regular ones
so only get them for the look appeal, not to bust a move around a corner
is this the bike?
Those look to be conventional forks not usd's(inverted forks or upside down forks) so the the x15,18,19 forks IMO should be fine.

Though i've been eyebball'in these forks for a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time.LOL
I was just to cheap to buy any of them just for experimentations. I was gonna use the lowers and combine them with the midbike uppers. Because the scooter uppers are to short to use for the xbikes. Plus i don't know what the internals constist of ie damper rods and such. $200 to $500 bucs a set is more than i want to spend just to hear myself say.DAM! They are not gonna work!LOL Been down that road to many times.LOL
As for those fancy scooter forks aka ducati monster forks. The most that could be done with those. Is to just weld up the ports on the damper rods and hope for the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I get more $ to put into the bike, I'll have to look more into the fork upgrade possibilities.

For now I need $98 to finish and be up and riding with my dad springing for the battery and charger set. Being jobless over summer is not fun! I know I'll have more luck once school starts but still that's awhile away and I want to ride now! Time to go and sell stuff on ebay.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
im sad there is no race this week:(
Laguna seca was last week. This weekend is FIM world superbikes.Those guys are pretty good still so i'll be watching that because the fight for the championship is real close. :)

When I get more $ to put into the bike, I'll have to look more into the fork upgrade possibilities.

For now I need $98 to finish and be up and riding with my dad springing for the battery and charger set. Being jobless over summer is not fun! I know I'll have more luck once school starts but still that's awhile away and I want to ride now! Time to go and sell stuff on ebay.
Take your time and you'll get much better results.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For sure. I'll add the goodies in time and get it up to where I want it slowly. When I have more funds, I'll switch out the sprockets, get the big bore 52cc kit if I'm riding a 43cc(which I most likely am), boost bottle, lightened flywheel & fork changes.

Just to be riding something this summer, I need a walbro carb, rocket key, paint, decals and fuel lines. Getting there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts