Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What model and year range is this polini? Where can I get parts for it stock and aftermarket? I've had a cag bike for a while and loved it but this bike came up for sale locally and I figured it'd be a nice project to finish up. From the reading i've done polini bikes and cag bikes aren't even comparable other than they're both pocket bikes. I don't know anything about this bike, brand, or model other than its high end not cheap. The guy I got it from knew less than I did...lol so he was no help. I'm relatively new to this site and new to these bikes so any and all info, recommendations, advice, or knowledge about this bike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is some pics of what I got. This is the condition I got it in and all I have for it.

The last pic is the wonderful fix he did on the coolant tank

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Everyone says they know nothing about these bikes so they dont get follow-up calls about this n that....It could be a 910 Carena but judging by the radiator it could be also be a 911 Dreambike..as far as year that depends on what series crankcase you have..........Look up MidSouth mini moto for schematics and parts..Good Luck with it........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome...I'll check it out. Thanks. Also wondering should I keep the pull start that is on it? Its like a machined setup but the cited needs to be hand wrapped and pulled instead of recoiled. When I got it it had this setup on already. A buddy of mine said its a race setup but its kind of a pain to start with it. Should I keep it or put a stock pull start on? Does it add anything to keep it other than being a pain to start the bike? If its worth while or helps balance the crank or something it'll be worth keeping but if its one of those things that's just looks its going.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Awesome...I'll check it out. Thanks. Also wondering should I keep the pull start that is on it? Its like a machined setup but the cited needs to be hand wrapped and pulled instead of recoiled. When I got it it had this setup on already. A buddy of mine said its a race setup but its kind of a pain to start with it. Should I keep it or put a stock pull start on? Does it add anything to keep it other than being a pain to start the bike? If its worth while or helps balance the crank or something it'll be worth keeping but if its one of those things that's just looks its going.
remove the plate and get a real pullstarter...........It sux riding around with a pullrope in your pocket.......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Good deal. That's kinda what I wanted to hear...lol.
Also....... I noticed the slack in the chain...Thats because the previous owner took off the 53 tooth and put a 47 tooth cag sprocket.......If you want to get a better lowend takeoff get a 56 tooth rear sprocket.....

My Polini was pretty beatup aswell but I got it for a nitro monster truck...

In this pic I pulled the head to do a lil porting aswell as a ring change but you can see the sprocket.......The 60 tooth for a cag will work too....

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
its a 910 Carena... The engine cases will tell if its a 4.2hp or a 6.2hp need a good pic of the reed area to tell. But its hard to get a good pic with that bike so if the reeds sit flat its a 4.2 and if it sits at a angle its a 6.2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also....... I noticed the slack in the chain...Thats because the previous owner took off the 53 tooth and put a 47 tooth cag sprocket.......If you want to get a better lowend takeoff get a 56 tooth rear sprocket.....

My Polini was pretty beatup aswell but I got it for a nitro monster truck...

In this pic I pulled the head to do a lil porting aswell as a ring change but you can see the sprocket.......The 60 tooth for a cag will work too....

That's funny you said that cuz I traded just a nitro rc motor for this bike. Lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a 910 Carena... The engine cases will tell if its a 4.2hp or a 6.2hp need a good pic of the reed area to tell. But its hard to get a good pic with that bike so if the reeds sit flat its a 4.2 and if it sits at a angle its a 6.2
I'll definitely have to check out the reeds on the motor....thanks for the info.

this is my winter project so i'm gonna be tearing into it soon. Anyone got ideas where I can get parts or if you have any spare parts for this bike let me know.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
That's funny you said that cuz I traded just a nitro rc motor for this bike. Lol.
Nice...Looks like you got the better of the deal too........:thumbsup:

I'll definitely have to check out the reeds on the motor....thanks for the info.

this is my winter project so i'm gonna be tearing into it soon. Anyone got ideas where I can get parts or if you have any spare parts for this bike let me know.
If its gonna be a winter project look in our parts for sale section here in PBP aswell as check through ebay and scour the interweb...Im sure you know by now real Polini brand parts arent cheap..Theres rep parts but ya gotta be weary..The reps arent exact...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polini-star...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccdd789fd&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=Polini+pocketbike+parts&rt=nc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome...I've had my eye out on flea bay and on here but haven't started buying since I haven't tore it down yet to see exactly what I'll be needing.

I'm thinking once I do that I'll start my first rebuild thread to show what i'm doing and hopefully get some much needed advice and guidance....lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What model and year range is this polini? Where can I get parts for it stock and aftermarket? I've had a cag bike for a while and loved it but this bike came up for sale locally and I figured it'd be a nice project to finish up. From the reading i've done polini bikes and cag bikes aren't even comparable other than they're both pocket bikes. I don't know anything about this bike, brand, or model other than its high end not cheap. The guy I got it from knew less than I did...lol so he was no help. I'm relatively new to this site and new to these bikes so any and all info, recommendations, advice, or knowledge about this bike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is some pics of what I got. This is the condition I got it in and all I have for it.

The last pic is the wonderful fix he did on the coolant tank
The last pic is the airbox (to stop stuff going in the carb), not the coolant tank - the coolant tank is probably under the fuel tank between the frame rails...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know....lol. Never really looked at it yet..kinda just assumed it was the coolant box. But after you said that I ran and checked it and sure enough that's what it is. Well that makes everything easier in fixing that cuz I just ordered a K&n filter with adapter. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello jared,
sorry for my english but I am Italian and use google translator =)

I see from the photos the bike is a polini 910 hull with 4.2-hp,
the radiator is not original but if it's okay not to touch ..... what I think is not good are the two pulleys that turn the pump for cooling .... that the pump is too high and that the circle is too small ... in Italy we use to pump a pulley diameter 25-30mm and to the wheel hub by a pulley 100-120mm.
if you can measure the temperature of the motor head when you have finished shooting should not exceed 70 °
the radiator is too attached to the muffler ..... tries to make the stirrups that may take him slightly towards the front wheel in such a way that the heat of the muffler does not contribute to heat it.
The wheels are 5.5 "in Italy so do not use them any more that we can not even find more tires =)

that engine is 40cc or 50cc?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.