Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my bike to go faster because when I go on rides with my brother, he complains that I don't go fast enough. I purchased a CDI off of ebay and a 45 degree doam air filter from SP4L. What parts would you suggest that aren't hard to install and are under $60? I was thinking about an inferno spark plug wire, and rear sprocket (don't know how many teeth though?). Thanks!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Honestly none of those will make your bike faster cdi coil spark plug ECT won't make it any faster well maybe 1-3mph you def need a bigger carb 22mm will make a huge difference it will be like nite and day any you will probably leave him in the dust I weight 205lbs and with stock gears nd just the carb cdi and super coil I was well over 50mph and it pulled hard I even have a Honda 110 pit bike 3 spd that I thought was crazy fast and left everybody in the dust until I did that carb now the pit bike had head work done a vance&Hines pipe from head back cdi coil carb ECT ECT oil cooler you name it and its way lighter than these bikes and we went for a race and my x19 was wheel to wheel with him but slowly pulling ahead
So honestly the carb will make a huge difference and you should see 60 with stock gearing I only say that cuz you are lighter and the 18 is also lighter it may cost you a 100 all together for carb swivel mount if needed and a new air filter to fit the new carb but it's the best bang for the buck its like nitrous but remember when you buy a carb you get what you pay for all mine are 22mm mikunis and have not had a problem and if I did I can go to any local bike shop and get parts or jets for them as apposed to some $20 carb on eBay that you don't even know what it is and if you need to change the jets or parts for it you don't know what to get it for I say save the wasted money and go for the carb

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks drgnprelude, I have ALL stock parts. Where did you get your carb? Could you give me a link to the one you have? And what else would I need to have the 22mm mikuni carb installed on my x18?

·
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would this work for my bike? If it will I will buy it tonight when I put some money in my account. Thanks for giving me the chance for one!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well actually I just called the ebay user and he said it wouldn't work and I needed a different intake manifold. So would the ones from tboltusa.com work? I was thinking about getting one of them soon. Thanks!

·
1,278 Posts
really i dont think so all my mikunis are the exact same 22/26 maybe because the stock intake is smaller ? let me go to the mikuni website and check that out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts