Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SE Michigan is where I reside, and it isn't a great market for mid bikes. I ended up paying too much for a beat up 110cc that I found in Toledo. I'm eager to start wrenching, but before I dive into it I'd like to know what the F I'm dealing with. I posted up some pictures, hopefully one of you vets can identify it.

I have the fairings too, let me know if that will help. Otherwise, stay tuned for the rebuild. It should be interesting.

Any and all tips will be considered, thanks folks.

-Ralph

·
Registered
638 Posts
First glance looks like an x15 but i could be wrong... I have been in the pocket bike works all of 9 days myself....LOL

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wait.... That may be an x12 given the wheels...LOL i will shut up now and let someone more knowledgeable than myself chime in...

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
It's an x12 and the fairings looks like a ducati 999

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats definitely an an x12... does it run? and if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay?
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Its a semi auto, but no foot pegs so I gotta ride it in whatever gear I choose. However they all work and the motor pulls hard.

I paid (don't laugh) 200. I plan on converting it to a manual.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
200 isint THAT bad. my advice now is take it all apart and get comfortable with it, also check for any parts missing/damaged... make a list of what is needed, post it up and I`m sure we can help you find them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a plan. I have a little plate that fell off the frame. Kinda looks like a vin. Any idea what that may be?

When I post my list, I'll do it in a separate forum. If you guys have any other comments, they'd be much appreciated. I'm gonna need as much info as I can find.

Thanks again

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
if it's a serial number, and it came off the frame, it probably is the vin. as I said, these things can be registered in some states.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice ride bogie, dig the red wheel. Its probably more ride able than mine.
It wasnt when i bought it.... So far the parts list just to get it safe:
Clutch lever and cable ( got a cable setup, didnt work right, hydro cluth on the way) $60
Whole new front brake system $45
Rear pads and brake lever $30
Rear tire $30
Gas tank and seat fairings $80
And i paid 100 for the bike itself....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts