Pocketbike Forum banner

what to replace

856 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  EPR
Ok so i decided to let my son who is 14 ride my pocketbike when i wasnt home. well i took the electric starter off and all but didnt put the starter pawl back on because i started it with a drill. ok so i went to work and came home and he snapped the shaft where the starter pawl goes what do i need to replace?????
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Go to PB Parts in florida, look under X7 bikes, they have that shaft. I just took an electric start off my 49cc scooter. I took that shaft off and the alum housing off too and modded a starter paw, by tapering the back side to move it in father on the crankshaft end so the starter cover would fit. Get a GS Moon starter cover w/ the wires that catch the paw and metal backing plate and or paw to match, there are 2 kinds, they have a phone you can order there and get the right parts.
See the before and after photos.

Attachments

See less See more
Ahh the trials and tribulations of trying to johnny rig chinese crap.......If the e-starter couldnt be jumped direct through a car battery or 18v lith ion battery I would of removed the e-starter,,bought a pullstarter,shim,pawl and waited for them to arrive,,,installed them and been done with the situation,,,,,,Now you may end up having to buy a crank..........cant tell for sure on the straight-up fix without pix.....

Hey EPR...That piston ported engine on the left has the clutch pads installed backwards........
I think I just thru the clutch on for the photo, that's the chopped cylinder w/ the red Cag alloy head. Its in a box, I will have to look at it before I put it back on the engine stand. It's easy to put it on backwards. That's why I like the cags the clutch is tapered,lol.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.