Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i decided to let my son who is 14 ride my pocketbike when i wasnt home. well i took the electric starter off and all but didnt put the starter pawl back on because i started it with a drill. ok so i went to work and came home and he snapped the shaft where the starter pawl goes what do i need to replace?????

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Go to PB Parts in florida, look under X7 bikes, they have that shaft. I just took an electric start off my 49cc scooter. I took that shaft off and the alum housing off too and modded a starter paw, by tapering the back side to move it in father on the crankshaft end so the starter cover would fit. Get a GS Moon starter cover w/ the wires that catch the paw and metal backing plate and or paw to match, there are 2 kinds, they have a phone you can order there and get the right parts.
See the before and after photos.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ahh the trials and tribulations of trying to johnny rig chinese crap.......If the e-starter couldnt be jumped direct through a car battery or 18v lith ion battery I would of removed the e-starter,,bought a pullstarter,shim,pawl and waited for them to arrive,,,installed them and been done with the situation,,,,,,Now you may end up having to buy a crank..........cant tell for sure on the straight-up fix without pix.....

Hey EPR...That piston ported engine on the left has the clutch pads installed backwards........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think I just thru the clutch on for the photo, that's the chopped cylinder w/ the red Cag alloy head. Its in a box, I will have to look at it before I put it back on the engine stand. It's easy to put it on backwards. That's why I like the cags the clutch is tapered,lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts