Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chinese copy of a Blata W50, it currently has a sprocket to suit what I believe to be the smallest chain available. I've had bad experiences with these chains (exploded on me and didn't work until I bought the next size up) and as such I would definitely like to run a larger chain.

Here's the problem. The engines clutch bell and clutch-bell-house-bolt-pattern does not match any other clutches/sprockets that I can find, so at this stage, it doesn't look like a bolt on upsize is an option.

I would absolutely consider long distance shipping if I knew that a bolt on option would fit, but until then I'm looking at other options, such as fabricating adapters or welding on a bigger sprocket or perhaps a jackshaft.

I'm absolutely open to any advice or ideas of places where to shop

I'm located in New Zealand btw

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just buy a high quality chain for your engine. They work on other bikes with 15hp also. So there must be a other problem ( lining or a damaged wheel bearing).

·
Super Moderator
2,587 Posts
I agree you probably have the chain to tight or a bad chain line the clutch will go nuclear and have a meltdown long before the chain just snaps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just buy a high quality chain for your engine. They work on other bikes with 15hp also. So there must be a other problem ( lining or a damaged wheel bearing).
What kind of prices should I expect for a high quality chain?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You need a C1-MT-A4 pinion, there are threaded and non-threading housings. On one of my threaded housings I bought a different T8F 8mm pinion and 8mm chain, Think it was from an MT-A2 Cag that came with 8mm chain. Had to modify the pinion to make it fit. You need a $30 Euro #25 chain.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts