Pocketbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
my scariest moment was ridin down my neiborhood at about 35mph when a car started backin up, i jamed the brakes and cut through a yard:D

·
Banned
4,952 Posts
the scariest thing that happend to me was really stupid it was raing and riding on slick tire(soo no grip) and some dumb cop backed up and i was going 32or more cant tell and i tried to turned and i like drifted away from the cop sorta like in need for speed under ground

·
Registered
298 Posts
calcatchem said:
lol it does suck. We're up tio 3.75 in connecticut here...I ran out of gas about a mile from a relatives house and I got dirty looks everytime someone went by.
gas here in antioch is up to $3.05

i crashed really bad when i was riding in the park by my house. i was riding and i hit a small rock and it threw me off balance and the cement and the grass was a 1 inch drop and my tires went off the cement and it was auto matic for me to try and get back on the curb and it flipped my bike and it rolled over me twice and there was only one scratch on my elbow. my faring got scratched pretty bad and the back. i just rode with it like that, it didnt crack it. i think looks dont matter unless its really big. but, yea i got p***ed off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my friend pulled a big wheelie (his first one) with too much throttle... he flipped and it rolled over itself about 4 times. it cracked his fairing in 2 places. he got a tiny bit of road rash on his knee. he was goin about half throttle...OUCH!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
hmm..scariest moment..hmm..not exactly scary but pretty dam fun..racing lot with my cag.. i had changed my rim to a rim with a tube tire..

everyone took a little stop to rest and fill up and so i ran the track in counter clockwise oval with chicanes at the end of each straight.. doing a few laps pushing my cags limits way past wat my tires were letting me.. so im like..GO FASTER!!!! hitting a declining left into a quick right..into a really fast left..and who sayz anything about brakes..another lap..whoa.. tire slippage..feather the throttle to keep it up..sorta got it.. hit the throttle agen..skrrrrrrrrttt...
here comes brift king on a pocketbike .. still on the gas... tire gave up on my and went into a sweet tire spin.. drifting down...a$$ on the floor...almost to the island that creates the chicane...then..a little high side..haha! most fun i ever had in a parking lot..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
heres another..

i finally got to race again after.. 3 months.. raced at lemans karting facility in fremont, CA. i was pretty sketchy.. i got out.. did a few laps.. i started gaining some serious speed around a wide right hand sweeper into a straight..
i got enough speed to top out before i got to the next right hand sweeper..
i took the sweeper well untill i got to the point where i was to slam on the brakes to avaoid smashing into a lapper entering the kidney turn after the sweeper.. i got on the front brakes a little too hard and my front tire washed out and smashed my smashed my head into the barrier and felt my neck snap... i was winded out for a sec.. i didnt know what to do.. i thought i broke my neck and was paralyed.. kinda like what happed in the movie "million dollar baby".. freaked me out.. i got back up and finished the race in second place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well ... me .... about two days ago ... i was riding down the street (flying:D ) ... doing about 65+ on my X7 ...(a few days earlier i broke the front brakes leaving me with only the rear brakes) .... i wasnt paying attention when i came up to a stop sign:eek: (a car was turning) and smashed on the brakes ... the cable broke and the bike slid from up under me with my leg caught on the peg ... i was being dragged down the street closer and closer to the turning car:eek: ....somehow i managed to throw myself onto the bike and for some reason ... i got my balance back and kept rolling ... i had a tool kit in my backpack (something all riders need) ... so i fixed the brake line.... and did i learn my lesson?? ... hell no!!!.... i got back on the bike and "flew" home:cool: ......

o and yea ... i was wearing my gear ... i left no skin behind

i guess it goes to show you .... KEEP IT OFF THE STREETS!!!! ...

·
Registered
356 Posts
65+ on your x7? Hmm.... What mods have you done to it.. I expect to see a pretty extensive and expensive list. Along with a nice big engine to go behind it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
miami-kid said:
well ... me .... about two days ago ... i was riding down the street (flying:D ) ... doing about 65+ on my X7 ...(a few days earlier i broke the front brakes leaving me with only the rear brakes) .... i wasnt paying attention when i came up to a stop sign:eek: (a car was turning) and smashed on the brakes ... the cable broke and the bike slid from up under me with my leg caught on the peg ... i was being dragged down the street closer and closer to the turning car:eek: ....somehow i managed to throw myself onto the bike and for some reason ... i got my balance back and kept rolling ... i had a tool kit in my backpack (something all riders need) ... so i fixed the brake line.... and did i learn my lesson?? ... hell no!!!.... i got back on the bike and "flew" home:cool: ......

o and yea ... i was wearing my gear ... i left no skin behind

i guess it goes to show you .... KEEP IT OFF THE STREETS!!!! ...
Don't ever try to run a stop sign, at least slow down enough to check to see if there are any cars, better to go to a roll, then you won't have to worry about that problem again.

And BTW, you can't even go 65mph in your dreams. If that's what your speedometer said (the stock, analog one), then you leg is really being pulled. Not only is it probably in kilometers per hour, but it also was probably going about 48 kph (30 mph) MAX. The reason the stock speedometer is not accurate is because it calculates your speed by your engine's rpm, so it's more like a tachometer, and it's especially not accurate if you have an automatic CVT transmission, as it adjusts the gearing according to the amount of throttle it's given and the weight it's carrying, so that means the rpms stay about the same from son after the clutch engages to when you begin reaching top speed, so it would, therefore, say that you're going about the same speed throughout acceleration, even though it should actually be increasing.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.