Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I want to shou You a wheel balancer I just built...It is designed to carry motorcycle and scooter wheels but I don't see why can't be used on pocket bikes too :)...it is not finished yet, still have to take it to the powder coating

Hope you find this idea helpfull

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nice work! What was that, an old clothing stand?

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work! What was that, an old clothing stand?
Thanks SpyGuy!

Nop, the stand was built from row material.

The shaft and the cones is a wheel balancer I got at a web shop time ago but it was intended for use on a motorcycle stand, hence I had to built my custom stand and get rid of the "roller plates"

Regards,

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Awesome! Do you use it for checking Static wheel balance only, or can you simulate Dynamic "Inertia" balance too? I've changed a few tires before, and balanced lots, but never balanced a tire on the little bikes! But, I bet those Sava's will NOT need much balancing... :D

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Do you use it for checking Static wheel balance only, or can you simulate Dynamic "Inertia" balance too? I've changed a few tires before, and balanced lots, but never balanced a tire on the little bikes! But, I bet those Sava's will NOT need much balancing... :D
Yes, static wheel balance only....
If you have "good" tyres and "good" rims, the balance is almost perfect....but....when You have "good" tyres and crappy Chinese rims, It's a different story....I found a place at the web they custom manufacture Carbon Fibre/Composite rims for all kind of bikes...they quoted me the crazy amount of $ 1,600.00 Usd. for two 12" rims for my scooter....maybe some time....crazy idea but that's just one of the few things I haven't "up-grade" in my scooter..along with a Corvin "Gel" seat(closer to that) :D

This tyre changer is my target now:

And This one:

·
Registered
898 Posts
whered u find that one in the second pic??????
and also, can i get a link to that rim shop?
thanks mex!
billy

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
898 Posts
cool beans mex!
looks like my next purchase.....

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now is powder coated in semi-gloss black:

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful! I love how you added the levels too, that is VERY important when trying to balance things!

Nice work!
Thanks Nick!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Quick note that most people don't k ow when you get a new tire it has a yellow circle on it if your rims have a dimple on them the china rims don't but that signifies the heavy spot on the rim so you would line up that circle with the dimple if it does not have that you line it up with the valve stem for better/easier balancing

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
A small cheap Cone bubble balancer will work too. Just get some stickon weights and put weight on the high side till it sits level. I gave one away with my drag bike stuff before I got into the PB stuff. My X18 does over 60 mph never had a balance, but it would be nice, H/F tools times,lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
These wheel balancer tools are so nice. Wheel balancer is an essential tool for the mechanic at feting a wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts