Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone help me out plzz i just bought a pocket bike it never ran when i bought i have took it all apart put it together again now it runs but when i give it gas id stalesn what do i do now and also how do i find out what kind it is

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Welcome to the Planet......Post up some pics of your ride through any of the free online picture albums like Photobucket......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant figure out how i turn all my virus **** off and it still wont let me is there anyother way to get a pic here

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
If you can upload a picture to Photobucket, or any other free hosting site, then grab the URL: www.photobucket.com/whatever/address/picture.jpg <--example then use the insert image button (just above where you type the message text)

I'll make a sticky in the next day or so!

If you need any computer help, I'm here for free, I've spent 11 years and well over $30,000 learning all of Microsoft's secret techniques! troubleshooting computers is even easier than troubleshooting engines (for me!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes in need help i cant figure out why i cant download flash player i turn my norton antivirus off like it says but it still wont let me download it i have a acount with photo bucket but i need the flashplayer to put them in photobucket hope you can help thanx

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
PM sent, the feature you might need to click on is usually labeled "disable norton antivirus autoprotect" right click on the norton icon on the task bar, down by the clock, and you might be able to see it.

but you would want to turn it back on right after you install it.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
yes in need help i cant figure out why i cant download flash player i turn my norton antivirus off like it says but it still wont let me download it i have a acount with photo bucket but i need the flashplayer to put them in photobucket hope you can help thanx
At the top of the screen you should get a message saying that adobe wants to install a program on your machine....You must accept to download.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i have shot it all of¸ and still will not let me i have even deleted norton and then reinstaled it and still dident work so i do not no

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if it stalls when giving the gas then i would guess that the gas flow doesnt match up with the increased air flow
you can turn the air/fuel screw on the carb to help with takeoff but you most likely have a clogged pilot or main jet

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Pictures from Ryan...

Sorry I lagged, I was really busy the last couple days...

Attachments

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
MT-A2 Cag/Daytona, full fairing with a 47cc air-cooled two-stroker. Nice work on the fairings.

I'm going to assume you have the stock carburetor on the bike, so what you'll need to do is pull off the lower fairing so you can get to the engine. A lot of the problems with these bikes is the carburetor (like 90% of the time). Clean it until it shines, then put it back on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have took it off and cleaned it till it shines i have done it a couple times still wont i can get it started no problem it wont die or anything just when i give it gas it does i have took the hole motor apart cleaned.and now that i have took it off and cleaned the carb again now the hose wont stopp dripping gas bad wont stop till its empty lol i dont no how to stop it

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
The float in the bottom of the carburetor is too low. What you have to do is pull the bowl off the carburetor, and tweak the float forks downwards a little - not too much, maybe 1/8" - then put the bowl back on.

What's happening is this: As fuel flows into the bowl, the float rises (duh, that's why it's called a "float," not a "sink" :p). The float pushes upwards against the float forks, which in turn push the float needle (on top of the forks) up into its slot, which seals off the flow of gas to the carburetor. If this float needle does not seat correctly or does not rise high enough, the carb leaks out of the overflow tube, and will continue to do so as long as the gas is turned on, eventually emptying your tank all over the garage floor.

Now, you said the bike idles just fine, but as soon as you give it gas, it quits? (I'm assuming you already know about putting the choke lever down to ride ....) That could be the sign of an air leak somewhere. Check all your bolts over carefully, and make sure they are right and tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the help i will try it if not i am just gunna go bye all new parts does anyone no where to buy parts for my bike i want a motor with everything or just a new carb if anyone knows cheap place to order online plz let me no

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Check our vendors in the supplier feedback section. Most of them sell carbs and other engine parts. You might also want to try Dave's Motors, but they might be sold out of all their parts already (they're not restocking, either, closing down their pb line.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Spyguy, My bike is doing the same thing, only it will let you ride it can ride for about a min then it will bog and die, as if not getting gas. I just got both bikes running again today. Only think I touched on this bike is I installed nw pull start and also replace the factory exhaust with another factory exhaust. I was unable to find gasket so there is a small space between the exhaust and manifold. Could this be making the issue??. What else should I check? Starts up just fine, Rides at normal speed then will just shut off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts