Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my pocket bike for a long time and I ride it hard I was wondering when is a good time to rebuild one how will it let me know its time ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
take off the cylinder head and take a look at the piston. if it is all scratched and scored and worn on the sides and all gummed up on the top its time for a top end rebuild and its always good to clean the whole engine inside and out and replace all gaskets and give the carb a clean or buy a new one for about $10 and tighten all bolts and you should be good! take a pic of the inside of your cylinder and piston and post it here

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have replaced the clutch rebuilt the carb fixed the pull starter (metal clawg) and now I have run a nether gallon of gas throw it :) I had to lube up the pull starter because it was sticking so well I had it off I was spinning the fly wheel the compression feels good but I can feel some play in the engine it has to be the connecting rod but where is it the wrist pin or at the crank. I don't know if I should worry about it yet if its normal or not and if I should just ride it till it blows or rebuild it now before I see the connecting rod sticking throw a hole in the side of the case (if that can even happen to these motors)

·
Registered
179 Posts
that will most likely never happen ...... if you check your cylinder head and piston and there isnt any scratching on it or any damage you should be good, also check your spark plug color and let me know what color it is or post a pic and you cant really rebuild the stock carb theres not any replacement parts so thats not possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts