Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an x2 cvt transmission for my X1 pocket bike. Does anyone know where I can find one or if anyone is willing to sell me one?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
ebay or pocket bike parts florida

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Mine is brand new, never been mounted, if I sold it I would want $80 plus $13 S/H, or $93 total. Your biggest problem is you will have to change or modify the motor mounts on the right side, I believe and add a top & bottom mount mount for the rear of the CVT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you EPR. I thought you could just swap it out, and keep the current mounts. I will just stick with the regular x1 transmission.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is brand new, never been mounted, if I sold it I would want $80 plus $13 S/H, or $93 total. Your biggest problem is you will have to change or modify the motor mounts on the right side, I believe and add a top & bottom mount mount for the rear of the CVT.
EPR, I know this post is from a while ago but do you still have this CVT and are you willing to ship to Canada?

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Yes, I still have it, it was for a project bike I was building which I stopped, so never used. Would have to check postage from USPS, if it fits it ships to Canada, for postage costs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you could find out the shipping cost and let me know, would be appreciated.

Just tore mine apart and it looks as though the previous owner grinded the gears and stripped the output shaft (I think that's what it's called) and the gear that turns the front sprocket.

Could I salvage either of these parts? There is a lot of play in the output shaft where it slides towards the rear pulley and the teeth don't line up which is causing a lot of slipping and the bike won't move.

My other option is just to replace the parts in the pictures below but I have not been able to find them. If someone knows the correct terms and where I could get them, that would also be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
This is common because the Chinese don't believe in manufacturing tolerances

·
Registered
15 Posts
MrKitty, I can definitely see the "quality" parts they've put into these. The issue I have is that parts are becoming extremely hard to find in Canada. I don't mind replacing the entire CVT (if I have to) but I'd also like to find parts to keep the one I have as a backup. Any idea what they're called and where to find them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I still have it, it was for a project bike I was building which I stopped, so never used. Would have to check postage from USPS, if it fits it ships to Canada, for postage costs.
Sorry EPR, I guess a postal code would help....lol
L7A 4V4

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
My wives in the hospital and I am taking care of my 13 yr old twin boys. I will try to call my local post office about the fee in the next few days. Since your in Canada, I have a store there I got parts for my C1 W/C Blata clone engine, they have parts for Euro and China bikes. They are in Hamilton, near Ontario. online on the www. tsunamibike .com, they have a phone too.

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Here is are photos of the CVT trans and the project I bought it for.
Going to try to sell the 2 reed port Boosted306 built engines also.
The sprocket that came with the trans is not #25 or 8mm, looks like for bicycle chain, #410 or #415.
There are a lot of gears that fit the 15mm splined shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good looking engines EPR. If the Canadian border didn't screw me on import taxes, I'd probably take one of those also.

Just picked up this mint X7 last night. With parts becoming extremely hard to find for X8's I figured I might have some more options for the X7.

You can see my sad CVT on the floor too lol...it's pretty much useless except for the belt and sheaves unless I can find a machine shop to build me a new drive shaft for the driven pulley.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Nice find, hard to find a good used X7. Them twin engines won't work on a piston port bike like X7 etc. That project is for a 2 engine drag bike .

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I got it a few days ago it wasn't doing more than 10-12mph. I cleaned out the carb, new spark plug, air filter, and adjusted the throttle cable and I'm getting about 20mph (about 40-45kmh in Canada) now. Good enough to boot around the neighborhood.

Will most likely flip this and keep the X8...it sits a bit higher and keeps my feet from scraping the ground around turns...but I'll hate to see it go

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
B your private messagea are full, I tried to send your tracking number, do you want me to post it here??

·
Registered
15 Posts
B your private messagea are full, I tried to send your tracking number, do you want me to post it here??
Just cleared out some of my messages. Sorry I couldn't get back to you about the intake manifold before you shipped everything; been hectic at work since we had a long weekend here in Canada on Monday.

Also, just picked up another X7 that "wasn't working" for $150 CAD. Got it started after about 10 pulls and then realized there's no oil in the gas mix. Drained it and now it's running fine. This one's red and in much better condition than the black one I have. I'm losing garage space quickly....

Attachments

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Nice collection of bikes, looks like you have some work ahead of you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts