Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am going to buy an expensive high end clutch.

It will be for the 70cc avotecnica engine

Now i have a few different clutches too choose from.

1. Zocchi black storm (€140)

2. Cs hammer epic (€92)
Available in 100 gram or 130 gram

3. Suggest me a good clutch

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
These clutches won't work on the cag crankshaft, they are for 10mm straight shaft. The cag have a conical shaft and the next thing is the diameter is too big.
Only zocchi has a 2 shoe clutch for the cag engine. The gold one is the better one.
Screenshot_20210313_214621_com.android.chrome.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I know that, he is not running a Cag crank, and is using a alum cast cases designed like a Polini w/ 4 reed V block.
To much money for a China engine, well unless your racing, that's a different story. The springs are to tight for a stock or light modified engine to open them right.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Then the only problem is the diameter, cag clutch has new 77mm and the polini or bzm clutch has 80mm new.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All my Cag clutches are 76mm the bell is 78mm, 1mm clearance. On my BZM which is 80mm and a BZM I have a spare billet clutch housing for the 690 BZM racing cases w/ silver crank with a 79mm bell, is used when the clutch pads wear down

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then the only problem is the diameter, cag clutch has new 77mm and the polini or bzm clutch has 80mm new.
The engine has a straight crank axle on the clutch side as you can see in the picture of my second post, the engine came out of the box with a 80mm clutchbell

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rc90, are you still active? I was following the post from outside the forum, how did the trans?clutch set up work out?
Love those hp clutches.
Well, i dont have allot of free time left to work on it but i am still chasing the goal of my double clutch setup, the expensive clutch will be used as the primary clutch

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A 2 shoe clutch will be good enough for this engine.
Ok, why do you prefer a 2 shoe over a 3 shoe clutch?

This is the bike where the clutch will be fitted on when i decided which one i will buy

And have you heard about those cs hammer clutches, are they anny good?
I think they came on the market in 2019..

·
Registered
533 Posts
There are much factors on the lasting of a clutch. Riders weight, transmission settings, track.
Its important to cool the clutch as much as possible.
Open clutchbells and clutch carter's as cs racing for example.
I also run a two shoe clutch I have more than 100kg and use 6/70 transmission settings. All Italien clutches with carbon materials are good, also above 80kg you should use red springs at the clutch.
Also very important is the setting of the clutch, where dose it engage and how many weight do you add to the arms. Stop riding when the clutch starts slipping. Slipping clutch is burning clutch. So you can also destroy a 3 arme clutch in 10min.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are much factors on the lasting of a clutch. Riders weight, transmission settings, track.
Its important to cool the clutch as much as possible.
Open clutchbells and clutch carter's as cs racing for example.
I also run a two shoe clutch I have more than 100kg and use 6/70 transmission settings. All Italien clutches with carbon materials are good, also above 80kg you should use red springs at the clutch.
Also very important is the setting of the clutch, where dose it engage and how many weight do you add to the arms. Stop riding when the clutch starts slipping. Slipping clutch is burning clutch. So you can also destroy a 3 arme clutch in 10min.
Ouch, i hope i wont burn it in 10 min.

If i use it with my double clutch setup, then
i will probably let it engage early around 5-6k rpm to make it last a while and let the secondairy clutch in engage at 9000 engine revolutions.

If this will work i should
be able to put sprockets for a higher top speed without sacrifising acceleration and reliability

I weigh around 92kg + -.

I will drive the bike purely for fun.

And after 5 years i will donate the bike to the son of the friend who has driven the bike in the video, he is active in motocross racing and his girlfriend is too.

But thats too much off topic and future talk.

So i will be good with anny of those expensive clutches?

Also i supose i will need a clutch bell in perfect condition and being sure it gets cooled enough.

i guess ill have to add one in my shoppingcart aswell, i just need to know if it will fit in a reduction gearbox with those cooling fins.

i know a 80mm bell fits in the reduction gearbox so the diameter is no issue

1 - 20 of 25 Posts