Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I want to buy a performance exhaust for my bike, but I want it to be worth it.

47CC 49CC MUFFLER EXHAUST PIPE POCKET BIKE X1 X2 EX25 | eBay

This is the one I'm looking at for my bike. Will it increase speed? Idk much about exhausts nor how they work, will someone please fill me in? Thanks!
It does not!

Read 2-stroke tuners guide, By A. Graham Bell hahaha.

because the "Stock" exhaust is not a "Tuned Expansion Pipe" maybe??? what does your "Stock" pipe look like?

NaSa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dude On your Cateye I think A Performance muffler would deffinally help the performance of your bike.
1. It will sound Quiter & more Raspier
2. more downforce is created with these tuned pipes making the engine react quicker.
3.Theyre chrome and make the Bike look really cool.

Hp wont make the bike go more mph, But will make it get to that top speed a lot faster

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well actually your right im wrong (this time)

but what I meant was that the muffler creates like a combustion A down one :) lmao

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay but i don't get why my bike goes 2-3mph faster without the stock exhaust.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Dude On your Cateye I think A Performance muffler would deffinally help the performance of your bike.
1. It will sound Quiter & more Raspier
2. more downforce is created with these tuned pipes making the engine react quicker.
3.Theyre chrome and make the Bike look really cool.

Hp wont make the bike go more mph, But will make it get to that top speed a lot faster
The reason why its faster is because youre running dangerously lean from scavenging back too much fresh air.......................

The stock muffler makes alot of backpressure and is designed more for lawn equipment....Gut the can and youll get added performance or like jtopwkwal said get a performance pipe,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is one of the models for the cateye.................$40.00 shipped is a good deal........And like jtopkwal said again;-It looks good...........

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Plus you won't have burning fuel and oil dripping out of the cylinder onto your feet .....

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the short answer is that you increased the air exhaust but not the air intake
fisrt key to more power is better breathing, you should get a little better carb
plus with 2Ts i have noticed that port number and compression mean more than anythng
im kinda just guessing tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts