Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my mini pocket rocket about 2 years ago and rode it a few times until it started to leak gas and wouldnt turn on again, its been sitting in my garage ever since. Recently i have decided to take it to a bike shop and get it fixed, the carbunetor has been flushed and cleaned. The motor is clean and is in very good condition, but there is still a few problems. The mini pocket rocket takes forever to turn on after a lot of pulling with the pull start, and when it finally turns on the bike wants to jump up and accelerate without me even touching the throttle, after that i try to ride the bike accelerating slowly and it moves a few yards and then stalls. I really need some help with this problem.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I purchased my mini pocket rocket about 2 years ago and rode it a few times until it started to leak gas and wouldnt turn on again, its been sitting in my garage ever since. Recently i have decided to take it to a bike shop and get it fixed, the carbunetor has been flushed and cleaned. The motor is clean and is in very good condition, but there is still a few problems. The mini pocket rocket takes forever to turn on after a lot of pulling with the pull start, and when it finally turns on the bike wants to jump up and accelerate without me even touching the throttle, after that i try to ride the bike accelerating slowly and it moves a few yards and then stalls. I really need some help with this problem.
Welcome to our Silly little "hang out"

here we go....

is the spark plug nice and new and clean (Not Fouled) ??

and is the idle adjust screw set to a proper setting?

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
... with our silly little Admin .... :p

Could you please post a few pictures of the bike and engine, just to be sure what we're working on here? You can create a free account over at PhotoBucket, upload your pictures there, and then copy and paste the links to the pictures here.

Now, as for the hard starting problem, basic starting procedure for these bikes is as follows:
-Turn on the gas (white knob on carburetor should be up/down)
-Choke lever up (full choke)
-A little throttle (like 1/4 throttle)
-Several easy pulls, then hard pulls until the bike starts

***NOTE: Do NOT do "full" pulls, snapping the rope all the way out to the end - that's a good way to break your pullstart and/or the rope. Do 3/4 pulls instead.

-Allow the bike to warm up for a minute, then flip the choke lever down (no choke)
-Hop on and go!

Sometimes I also pick up the rear end of the bike and goose the throttle a little during warm-up, making sure everything is running well (and that I have a good grip on the bike!)

Welcto the forums ... we'll help you get back up on two wheels ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts