Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There both to high, find a 22mm dirt bike carb with lever choke for $25 free shipping on ebay. Mod the stock intake to fit the 22mm. 19mm is to small and 25-26mm is to big. I have a 26mm Japan made Mikuni I put on my X18, way to much air flow for a 23mm intake valve, the 22 is just right for a lighty modded engine. Free up your exhaust or get a hp one, or make your own from the stock exhaust. I got an hp X12 side pipe for $69 and free shipping on and 10% off my $100 order. First time I ever saw a 4 stroke pipe w/ a exspansion chamber, it's 1 1/2" ID from there thru the muffler which is a alum and very light and Loud,lol. The bolt holes on the carb is 48mm, the 16mm-30mm are all 48mm.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Did you get a 26mm intake manifold, cause the 20mm is to small and you will need a swivel under the manifold to move the carb. I had to dent the frame rail to clear the front lip of the carb.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
you ordered a 26MM carb?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You could sleeve the back of Mikuni down to 23mm to cut down on the volume of air to the valve. I took a 19mm Dell PHBG copy carb and JB Welded and glued the sleeve I made from a 3/4" water pipe 2 end barbed fitting for rubber hose and cut it to length & ground it down to fit inside loosly put JB on the outside and put it in. It's for the my 50cc C1.
I made a PZ19mm X18 carb and sleeved the rear to 17mm, made an adaptor plate and put it on my 49cc piston port engine.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I still have the 26mm carb and intake. Im using a 19mm carb and 19mm shorty intake from my 125cc pitbike. So far mine is down for the count until i fix the fuel flow problem. But the 26mm carb setup was way to big for a stock head.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That carb cost more than your bike is worth, it's easy to get caught up in the hype and buy stuff you don't need. I got my 22mm carb for my 110cc, X18 for $25 on ebay, same with the 25mm I got for my 125cc ATV. Just got a 25mm intake manifold for $6.99 to my door, and a $12 carb swivel, straight from China. Got an orange hp coil and blue racing CDI, $20 for both, from sellers on eBay. Got a whole 110cc head complete w/ rockers, cam and all, last year $36 shipped. It pays to look around. I can give some sellers names on eBay to get good parts prices, and parts direct air mail from China.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
The blue box CDI and orange coil i got was shipped from TX for $30 off of ebay. It was a buy it now thing. Most web site sale just the blue box cdi for $30-40.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
how would this carb fit on an x15? They're pretty much the same engine I think as the x18

24mm mikuni

X-15 heads mostly come with a 25mm opening in the head.........

Get a 25mm 12 position adapter to reclock the carb,,25mm keihin carb from an ATC185 jetted 40/90 because youll still be able to use the remote choke cable with a lil modding,,,, 25mm intake from a TRX90 ,,Blue CDI,,Super coil with hp wire mod,,modify the exhaust,,do the headbreather mod,,put a 16/28 tooth gear ratio and that thing will fly faster than 60 but then youll need a way better suspension with swingarm mods to handle the speeds............If you go with a racecam and hp valvesprings youll get it to 65mph.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
First thing you need is a real rear shock, & you can mod the front fork springs by cutting them about an inch and mods on other parts. I got the rear of my bike bouncing up & down coming out of a corner at around 55, hard to keep control. swheels here is modding some front forks he will post a Thread on the mods, soon I hope,lol. If you have a 25mm intake valve then the a 25 or 26mm will work good once you get it adjusted right. Need a 26 or 27mm intake to go with it. The best part about the aftermarket carbs is, they don't have restrictions like the new stock 4 stroke OEM carbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That carb cost more than your bike is worth, it's easy to get caught up in the hype and buy stuff you don't need. I got my 22mm carb for my 110cc, X18 for $25 on ebay, same with the 25mm I got for my 125cc ATV. Just got a 25mm intake manifold for $6.99 to my door, and a $12 carb swivel, straight from China. Got an orange hp coil and blue racing CDI, $20 for both, from sellers on eBay. Got a whole 110cc head complete w/ rockers, cam and all, last year $36 shipped. It pays to look around. I can give some sellers names on eBay to get good parts prices, and parts direct air mail from China.

the names would be great man thank you! I'm also looking at getting some steel wool to pack the mufflers on her because she is way too loud atm, when I have it maxed out it really screams and I thought it was a little too loud even with my helmet on

edit: at cam, thanks again you two are really on top with helping me with this stuff lol. So I should go with a 25mm carb then? I know I have to do the better suspension and swingarm mods I hit a few bumps last night and it's not bad but it really does bounce you around a lot and the wheels are so close together it feels pretty squirely. What can I do to extend the swing arm? I heard it takes a lot of work and isn't cheap..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen that the bottom of the carb has a drain hose. Does this just hang? Also, what do I do with the top port? Should that be open or should I plug it? Just got a new carb and I won't run right with choke off

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I've seen that the bottom of the carb has a drain hose. Does this just hang? Also, what do I do with the top port? Should that be open or should I plug it? Just got a new carb and I won't run right with choke off
If you are having problems theres four possible reasons..

1. airleak: go over your carb installation..there could be a slight airleak..........

2. the carb got jarred in shipment and it threw the float off,,,

3. the carb needs to be richened up via the a/f mix screw 1/4-1/2 turns outward or

4. the jetting is wrong inside the carb and needs to be rejetted with bigger jets..........

Id first start by checking with carb cleaner for airleaks then trying to richen the carb 1/4-1/2 turn outward.......

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Might be your pilot jet inside the float bowl is clog or real dirty, will not run like that. It will start on the choke system, but you can not ride it. It's next to the main jet, there brass so you can't miss them, lol.
The pilot jet holes are about .018" to .020", spit can clog it. Me and CAM2 put fuel stabilizer and octane boost in our gas, keeps the alcohol from separating & gum from forming. My X18, I finally drained and cleaned the tank, new lines and filter, got tired of taking the carb off once a week to clean the jets.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yep I use Fitch for premium fuel bikes unfortunately it doesnt work w/alky fuel.........Also the hose on the bottom and the side are carb vents,,,,,They stay open and just hang down........................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.