Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would just drilling out the carb and smoothing it out wiht a dremel be about the same thing as buying a larger bore carb???

like say a 5/8" bit.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Yes, that will fit. It is a Walbro carb.

The 2 problems with drilling a stock carb to 5/8 are:
1) the slide is not large enough so throttle response is damn near non- existent (idles aroung 11k)
2? you will slightly pop through to the fuel vein

Other than that,,,,go for it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
blueR1cag said:
no thanks, and that will fit? is the other outlet for pressurizing the tank?
Yeah, ADA makes a manifold now to adapt it to your motor, the other line goes back to the tank, you have to drill it for a fitting, not a big deal

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HOSS said:
NO! Hell no.
ok, cool, I just read somewhere on here before it was sabatoged(sp?) that boring the carb to 14mm will give better top end at expense of low end. I am probably just gonna enlarge my stack, taper it more, and taper the carb a bit. maybe just get the one I pictured and the aqdapter but Il probably play with what I got for now. I whould just save money and get real mods like the stroker FC crank and the big bore kit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So if I can fit a 40mm carb on my bike it won't affect low end performance? Will it increase my low end and top end?

If I fit a 1000cfm carb on my stock 8.5:1 Chevy 350 I am going to have really bad throttle response not to mention run really rich and low end is going to suffer. Air velocity thru the carb would just be to slow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts