Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought an X7 Pocket bike and I am having trouble with the chains going on the sprockets as they always fling off and make popping sounds.

It has 3 areas where these sprocket are: 1 on the motor, 2 on the frame and 1 on the wheel.

Can I just buy one of these off eBay hook it up to the engine and be good to go?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chain-wi..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1e280995&_uhb=1

Instead of having all of these other sprockets which keep on leading to problems?

I have some pictures to show what I am actually talking about.

Please let me know asap any help will do :)

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think that's an X7 because you can probably see in my avatar the chain and sprockets are on the other side..

Looks like the front and back sprockets may be a little unaligned but idk if it's just the pic. The 3 sprockets however seem to be obviously unaligned which is a problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'd post up a pic and figure out what the bike is first of all. because others may have had similar problems and solutions.

On the back wheel you'll have to play with the shims to get those sprockets lines up. unless they already are lined up properly. Use a streight edge to check. from their maybe you can make the extra sprocket line up somehow - probably with washers, spacers, or shims I'd imagine.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Looks like a cateye bike with a wrong rear wheel. The rear wheel looks like its from a x1/2. If thats the case. The rear wheel on the cateye is wider than the x1/2 rear wheel. So the chain will not line up correctly.

X7 bike has a small gear box on the left side of the bike attached to the engine then 1 chain from gear box sprocket to the rear wheel.

Cateye has 2 chain setup. 1 chain that goes from the engine the frame sprocket then chain 2 goes from the frame sprock to the rear wheel with a free hub on the rim.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Post a picture of the whole bike. Also get some string. Line it up from the rear wheel sprocket to the inner or outter frame sprocket to see how much its off by.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure thing. I was only assuming that it is an x7 because of the front how it looks the exact same but the sides of it are different. If you could help me out with what type of pocket bike it is and what I need to buy so I can ride it again that would be great :) Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Yeah thats a cateye bike. The rear wheel is off of a x1 or x2 depending on the rear sprocket. To make it work on your bike youll have to make sure that the rear sprocket takes the same chain as the front and frame sprockets. If the rear sprocket is different youll have to change that. If its the same you may be able to use it. Next youll have get the rear sprock to line up correctly to the frame sprockets. To do that you need the correct size axle spacers. Or to save some time and spend alittle money you get a new rear with hub and tire off of ebay. And new cateye chains if you need them.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
I think its FS-509. Ill have to double check on that. Every china bike made has 2-3 names for it. All china bikes need work. Some poeple say 20% fun and 80% fixing it. But it depends on your michanic skills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.