Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just quick question.
im rebuilding my x18 which i bought couple years ago for 80$ but doesn't have and wiring and now i finally have a chance to work on it. but first i need to know where can i buy those white wire connectors specially for the cdi a 5 pin connectors and what size wires? 16 awg?

thank you

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
I made my own wiring harness using the factory colors on the main harness and used 14ga wires and weather pack connectors so no corrosion and the go together and come apart easy also and for battery and starter I used 8 gauge
And for lighting main harness I used 10 because of my hid light vapor and dash
I also used a relay for the hid as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx drgn.

f22: the problem with that is i need both male and female if i buy the harness its only male.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
tncscooters, has all that stuff, a male/female plug set and all the connectors is like .50 cents or something. I went there for a $13 12v 1.4amp charger w/ the three prong charging plug. Got 2, 4, 6 wire plugs for later.
The CDI is a 6 prong plug w/ 5 wires used.

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanx drgn.

f22: the problem with that is i need both male and female if i buy the harness its only male.
Most of the parts that you have should already have the other half of the plug. The CDI does, the engine does, the voltage regulator does, the coil should, the switches should, etc. The only ones you might need should be the 2 prong ones for the lights, if you are using non-stock lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just have a couple of question about the symbols.. sorry im still learning wire schematics...

i just wanna know what are those symbols that i put arrows.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The top left arrow is the flasher beeper box,,the arrow to the right points to the clutch perch microswitch,all the other arrows are terminal connectors..........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Well, join the group, cause I am not that great with wiring myself,lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts