Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this pocket bike scene. I got a beautiful Cat eye Pocket Bike X1 or X2.. A friend gave it to me free. I am in the Air Force and he was moving and didn't want to bring it with him. I stripped it down and painted it and made it look gorgeous. Here is the problem.. the wiring marcelo. It ran great before and started with ease(electric start didn't work) via pull start. I just need help finding where a couple leads go that I did not mark. I am not sure where I can post this at but I will when I find it in the forums.. I hope to make some friends and have fun with this thing! Let me know if you have to knowledge of where is stuff goes:confused:.... I think I have all of it except what connects to the terminals in picture F.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
The big wire on D is the battery charge wire, it's 12v ( 13.7v ), AC it should run to a voltage rectifier to turn it to DC current. On my new scooter engine, it don't have a battery so I taped it off. Later I took the whole housing off and a few small mods and only has a pull start now. The starter generator housing is just for the battery, starter and lights, the engine runs on it's own. The one or two small wires off the coil over the flywheel are use to ground the coil to stop the engine thru a key or button on the handle bars. The photo w/ the charging plug and screw in fuse next to it, is the blue painted wire off the fuse or the charge plug??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for taking a while to reply. This is the questions I have at this point and an answer to what you asked.

So the white wire is for battery charging does that connect to the terminals in pic F?

The Blue wire in pic D goes to the fuse. Where is that suppose to connect to?

What connects to the screw on the engine in pic C. I am guessing this is a ground but for what cables?

What all connects on pic F the two terminal studs?

Also I have no clue what wires B and E are and where they go.

I REALLY appreciate the help I can't wait to get this thing started! If it starts maybe I can mail you a case of beer! Anyways thanks for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts