Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
epr, thanks, i try to keep it simple
the other 'system' is the lights and charging
my first posts were asking how to wire up a new 125 motor i bought, it was very confusing to me being my first time and 125ccCrazy helped me figure it out and since then i have always came here and tried to help when i can, ive really been here 5ys but i got banned once :D

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Wasn't for sure how to remove the battery from the system because of the CDI needs power which the stator coils make once its running. Can I wire in the blinkers and a brake light in your wiring diagram and leave the key, so that when the bike is running the lights work.
Banned, I like you better all the time, thats why mine says Outlaw, I am related to the outlaw Coulter brothers.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
your motor should have two yellow or one white and one yellow, seperate from the other diagram
those go to the voltage reg and id hafts look at the main diagram but yea you can wire your lights to run with the motor
the cdi is totally seperate from this system
i got banned for linking to another site i wrote a how-to on
im not from a bad family but i was in the house for 5 1/2

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I had to go before a Judge cause I shot my 9mm within 450 ft of my house, and I live in a forest, with mountain lions and trees everywhere.
I have been in hand cuffs a few times, some angels must be watching over me or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there I have got a mini chopper and in the same position I have took the harness out and cut and replaced bits of wiring and now I'm in a right mess with it, have anyone got any photos or diagrams that might help me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
actually epr, my battery isnt hooked up. you dont need the battery for the kickstart. the ground wires are wired to a killswitch. no battery.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Thanks, Yeah the kill switch would be a great place cause it grounds the coil. Going to leave the key in the dash, and I want the illegal blinkers & brake light to still work so if the cops stop me I have blinkers & brake lights, From what Blitz said, think I can power that stuff off the Voltage Regulator.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
ya the regulator just evens out the power from the stator
they get brighter the higher you rev

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Thanks Blitz, I can read a wiring diagram, but when all the wires are bunched together and covered, you have to find the other end, and the bodys in the way everywhere. Thought about hindging the seat so you could lift it up from the tail light, so you could get the battery.
To me the battery & starter motor are just extra weight. As, I am sure you know, loosing 5lbs on a super pocket bike makes it faster, and handle better. I am pulling the starter and putting a plate over the hole if I can get it out, with out taking the left side engine cover off. Maybe Cut the chain,lol??

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
you are right and back in the day i took my starter and battery out
i had to break the little chain but didnt have to plug the hole

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My 110cc MPR ZX1 Extreme dirt bike has the lower front mounted starter and different cases I got a full gasket set for both. The batteries gone on it too, it will be next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a x18 wiring harness was hacked I'm just trying to get the bike to power up using the push button dont want lights and all that can somebody help me with the diagram or instructions on wiring the bike up none of the wires are connected anywhere

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On eBay, I just got 2 strip down wiring harness with kill switch for 4 stroke kick start engines 50cc to 150cc Honda clones, $11.69 each set. It hooks your CDI, coil and stator plate together. Eliminates most of that crappy wiring. You kick it to start it, push the red button to stop the engine. I call it CaveMan wiring, lol.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
just wanted to let you guys know i got the bike running really good. got rid of the wires i didnt need and now it runs good as new. thanks for the help!
Did you put thicker gauge wires from the battery to the solenoid to the starter motor? The way you posted those original pics, it's gonna fry and sizzle.

Hope davidhenne is still around and has a place to call home.

YOU MUST NOT USE THIS THING UNTIL YOU GET SOME 10 AWG wire and replace the high current going from battery to starter motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On eBay, I just got 2 strip down wiring harness with kill switch for 4 stroke kick start engines 50cc to 150cc Honda clones, $11.69 each set. It hooks your CDI, coil and stator plate together. Eliminates most of that crappy wiring. You kick it to start it, push the red button to stop the engine. I call it CaveMan wiring, lol.
Could you post a link? Can i wire push button start to this? Beats buying 50$ harness if so

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Think there is a power wire off the key unit to the starter button, with the key on, when you push that button it connects the starter solenoid which turns the starter motor over. Even a spring loaded toggle switch can be used to power the starter motor. On eBay, the seller, permile or [email protected].

·
Registered
7 Posts
Control module hook up

May be a stupid question. I a 49cc 2 stroke engine in a cat eye super bike. Anyway, all the wiring is on plugs; no problem. Only I have what o found out to be a 3 wire control module(black plug, red, grey). Plus a relay switch with plug in wire. Only I don't have a plug left open and I don't know where this control module wires go to. Can anybody explain please. I figure black to the plug and red to the battery but how about grey?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Re: Control module hook up

May be a stupid question. I a 49cc 2 stroke engine in a cat eye super bike. Anyway, all the wiring is on plugs; no problem. Only I have what o found out to be a 3 wire control module(black plug, red, grey). Plus a relay switch with plug in wire. Only I don't have a plug left open and I don't know where this control module wires go to. Can anybody explain please. I figure black to the plug and red to the battery but how about grey?
Its a voltage regulator/rectifier box.....It hooks to the two terminals on the starter solenoid and grounds to the frame....

The red hooks to the battery positive wire side of the starter solenoid,,,

The black goes to the frame ground

The grey goes to the side of the starter solenoid that goes to the e-starter/generator combo........

If it fails to work you can buy and wire-in the 4 wire rectifier that has a voltage dump wire............

The other thing you described is the starter solenoid...

Good Luck

21 - 40 of 41 Posts