Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.
first off i would like to thanks cam2 for the help he gave me with a carb issue. after taking his advice my bike is running better than ever.
i guess i should start off with i have a x15 4stroke. now that my bike is running good i let it idle for like 5 mins and when i went to shut it off my ignition quit working and i had no way to shut it off. so i figured it had to be in the wiring, after looking through it i relized the last owner had made a rats nest out of the wiring. i have read some threads that i could do away with the wiring. so this is the route i have chose to take. so my question is how much of the wiring can i do away with. and what do i need to keep. also if anyone could tell me how to wire in a kill switch in.
i would greatly appreciate all the help i can get

thank you
Johhny danger

·
Registered
19 Posts
im have the same problem my bike had this alram/ remote didnt have the key fob didnt want the alarm due to space resons but my bike wont charge but i wired my kill switch 1 wire 2 ground one wire to my not ground on my coil it just dead shorts my coil when i press and hold some ppl say that will burn up your coil but i havent had a problem yet ive been running it like that for 6 months

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Label all plugs with tags..................

Take the whole rats nest off the bike and unwrap any black tape.............

Look at the diagrams and then clip those components from the wiring harness with enough wire to reconnect into seperate harnesses..................

If you plan on going kickstart only then you only need the ignition diagram................

Good luck and I have a feeling youll be fine......................

Another ignition diagram I made..............

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
hey cam 2 is the black wire from the retfier going the + batt for charging and black wire from the cdi to kill switch ?
Correct Dave...............Theres a solid black wire that charges the battery coming from the rectifier....

The killswitch wire coming from the CDI box is black w/white stripe and the ground is soild green.....................

·
Registered
19 Posts
well i got a red , green, yello and white comming from my rectfier the yello and white are comming from the sarator green goes to ground im assuming. so that leaves the red to batt? no black wire but the black with blue from the cdi box works to kill no black with wite on cdi box this motor is from a sunl quad had an alarm witch i removed

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
well i got a red , green, yello and white comming from my rectfier the yello and white are comming from the sarator green goes to ground im assuming. so that leaves the red to batt? no black wire but the black with blue from the cdi box works to kill no black with wite on cdi box this motor is from a sunl quad had an alarm witch i removed
Yellow is power in from stator,,,green is ground,,,,White is from the stator and the red goes to the battery..................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts