Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to get a 22mm mikuni carb to replace my stock one. Since this is larger than the stock one, I think I will need a new air filter because the one I have now is in a tight fit (squished around). I saw this one and thought it would work because it points straight down and there is more room there. Would this fit? Thanks!

(Link to the air filter)
http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Air_Filter_Cone_p/cmaf301962.htm

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
I know it sucks having to wait for something but I would wait till you see how the carb is going to be positioned first then order the filter you know is going to work

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I don't really KNOW what filter will work even if I wait. Will 35mm fit around the carb? Please just answer yes or no. Thanks!

·
1,278 Posts
I don't remember the diameter and once you get the carb you can measure that and what I mean by wait until you get the carb I mean wait until its mounted I the bike and then you can see if you will need a pod air filter a 90 degree air filter ECT depending on how you end up mounting it

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i like the uni foam filters cuz when i turn right it mooshes it some but its ok like that, the 'hard' filters arent so forgiving
back in the day i ran a piece of radiator hose from the carb to the filter

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well does anybody have any idea of what filter that would fit the carb? Please ANY link would be much appreciated. And I looked on tboltusa.com and they have a bunch of uni air filters. Which one should I get?

·
1,278 Posts
I'll c if I can take a measurement of mine later today its just downporing right now or call or email Vince at tbolt USA let him know your are going to purchase a 22mm Mikuni but want a filter also and ask what size it takes

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My 22mm China carb has a 38mm front piece. I stretched a 35mm over it off a 19mm stock dirt bike air filter, which is 35mm I believe.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i got the carb, manifold and filter as a set the first time cuz i wanted all the id's the same

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I think my air filter is 38mm so I guess I will try it and if it doesn't work I'll find something.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It helps to put the rubber end in hot water and then put it on the carb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts