Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm looking to get a fresh new throttle assembly for my Polini. I would like a high quality and smooth feeling assembly.

Do most motorcycle assemblies work on our bikes?

Here is a Tommaselli Quick action throttle, appears to be high quality and Italian made, do you think this would fit alright? I think it would, let me know your opinion...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also, msmm sells 2 different assemblies. 1 is domino (3/4) turn and the other I believe is domino (standard). Do you know what the difference is?

Thanks

Not getting replies from msmm, i've sent about 3 or 4 inquiring about different products... oh well

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
There is quick Throttle, 3/4 and Standard.. Depending on the cable you might need a longer throttle elbow.. It came with 2 different lengths. I'm pretty sure with the 3/4 throttle and the Standard u would be fine. With a quick throttle you might need a different elbow?!

Mid south runs the MiniMotoUSA races and were out at the races since last Wednesday.. They should be back tomorrow and sure you'll get an answer soon.. I'd order the 3/4 if they have it in stock! http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/fuelsystem.aspx

Jon

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hello, i'm looking to get a fresh new throttle assembly for my Polini. I would like a high quality and smooth feeling assembly.

Do most motorcycle assemblies work on our bikes?

Here is a Tommaselli Quick action throttle, appears to be high quality and Italian made, do you think this would fit alright? I think it would, let me know your opinion...

Thanks
Most of the times anything can be made to fit ......especially throttles...like Nipples stated there will be varied lengths of t-cables needed but if the sheath needs to be shorter making the cable longer thats an easy fix.....The opposite way is a lil harder but can be done...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On the red Pit Bike throttle, you need a cable that fits it, the adjustable threads on it stays on the cable, so if you get one get a throttle cable for it too. I have 2 blue ones.
With a Walbro carb you get a Death Throttle, like on my Lucky 7 avatar bike, it's like on or off,lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys, I bought the Tommasseli throttle and it came is already on the bike!

Okay so when I was installing the throttle I saw that the cable enters from the front rather than from the side like the standard domino throttle.

However, I continued with installation and it actually ended going together rather smoothly.

Throttle pulls very smoothly and without any kinks or extra friction I believe.
It is a quick action throttle and it feels like about 25% less pull than the stock throttle.

But my question to you guys is how do I know that the throttle is being pulled 100% since it seems like a shorter pull. Is there a way for me to check this?

Attachments

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
that should fit just fine. most 2-cycle throttles will fit most pocket bikes. hell, you could evedn rig up a thumb throttle if you had too!

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
I saw that cable housing came off strait vs having the curve in it like most.. It doesnt really matter.. Take off the air filter and look in.. See if the slide is all the way up when the throttle is pulled.. The venturi hole should be just about all the way open.. Maybe 1mm of the slide showing?!.. That throttle should have no problem opening it up all the way... Try to get most the play out of the cable by using those adjusters on the ends of the cable entry.. Should be semi tight right before it starts to pull the slide up.. If your adjusting out and the slide is going up you need to loosen a lit till it stops moving down.. Hope that makes sence. Not a pro, just in my experience..

Have fun!!

PS.. Looks like a nice throttle.. Aluminum housing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Nips...

I think it will work out fine.

It is a very nice looking and feeling throttle. Very solid and smoother operating compared to the plastic housing. Came with the new grips as well.

Painting the bike right now, will put a pic up later when it's back together.

Also ordering a new 911 tank, fresh white color to get rid of that yellow colored tank. Might have to get it from a seller in the UK, not sure if MSMM has one in stock...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks nipples.

Tried it out today, bike haulsss. Feels like better throttle response because of the shorter pull. I am sure the new throttle opens her all the way up, feels like WOT before it even runs out of pull.

Anyways, here is a pic. New black/white paint.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Make sure you don't have to much play in your throttle cable. I almost wet my pants the first time I rode my 50cc C1 Blata Orgami Copy bike,lol, after a 47cc A1 Cag.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tommaselli has different degrees , the best is the 90 ( or 75) degree ( the black one ) , in the horizontal version, it's the shorter version :thumbsup: and you may change the cable quicker, when needed.
The others have by 148 degree ( the chrome version ) , for this one you can keep also your standard one :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.