Pocketbike Forum banner

WOW....the club still lives. I'm the Founder of EVPB 30+Club.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Speedtospare 
#1 · (Edited)
WOW....the club still lives. I'm a Founder of EVPB 30+Club how is everyone?

I just rebuilt my XP700 for my son. Furnished with a TSP 200amp Cart Controller, 1000w Motor running a 48v pack. Pushing about 35-40mph. I thought i would check this site out and see if anyone I knew was still here but doesn't seem to be. LOL Makes me happy that you guys are still posting and keeping the club alive. I love it.

So how is everyone and how are all the projects going. I haven't posted here since probably 2006 or 2007. :D

#2 ·
My sons ride is still up and running but limited to 80A and 31 MPH. Had one 6S battery fail but other than it needs new brakes all is good. Made a little 24V honda mini moto for the 5 year old but he's getting to big.

#3 · (Edited)
Get a real 24 volt system and that thing will last a lifetime......

My friend has the fastest 24volt electric powered minibike Ive ever seen.....

He lucked out on the setup....His job was upgrading the equipment and decided to scrap the yale electric palletjack they had...He asked if he could have the two motors,,controller,,handlebar switch and wiring harness for a project...His boss asked what the project was,,he told and the boss said he can have the parts only if he can ride it after it was done.........

He checked out the specs of both electric motors and found out that although the hydraulic 24volt pump motor spun more rpm's the drive motor was able to run stabile speeds of 3.7mph under a 4000lb rated load.........That got him thinking.............

he slapped the higher torque motor,,controller wiring with 4 deep cycling optima batteries on an oldschool minibike geared to 15.5:1 overdrive and propelled by a 13" diameter rear tire over the 9" that was on the palletjack...

Hes been hitting speeds a tick over 50mph with his setup right now..Hes looking for more room on the frame for more gearing to get some more overdrive for more topend speeds because theres plenty of more torque to obtain it........BTW his boss crapped his pants the first ride he took..........LOL

Hes working on putting the other 24 volt motor into a 72" fiberglass r/c boat and hes gonna put 4 props on the single shaft or devise a gear driven dual prop transmission setup with triple props on each...Hes trying to break 130mph on the water

#4 ·
I have another running 44.4V lipo, 100A Kelly controller, mid bike. Its a fun little bike for my now 10 year old. Top speed for him is restricted to 51 km/hr or about 30 MPH.

The forktruck motor must be really heavy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.