Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this project for free now I been looking all over for parts and noticed I'm lost as which pull start I need plus gas cap.ohh a wire diagram be good too,I mean does all these wires need hooked to sum tin for it to run ? Crap can't load pics with the iPhone and it's my only Internet here so try my Facebook page exspired angel I would place a proper link but that's not working for me either

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like you have a X bike, with a 49cc Zenoah 2 stroke engine. Is the carb mounted to the head and have a primer bulb on the bottom?? Does it have a pull & electric start??
If you have alot of wiring and lights and a battery its probably an X bike of some kind, a few have 110cc 4 stroke engines.
The electric starter is also the generator that charges the battery. The engine has a magnet flywheel & coil above it, all you need is a pull start and kill switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the carb is on the front of the head with a primer bulb under it.looks as if it had a pull start on this as the pics go this is all I have of the poor thing,some one cut most the wires off and plastics missing I got lucky enough they didn't cut the ones from the engine so from the right side engine above the clutch I have a red&black wire harness which I think is the kill switch(?)now the other side I have a single wire with a loop coming from behind where I think the pull start goes and also see a coil in there.where this wire connect to? Also on the frame was a little silver box with a harness to it ran to two nuts and two more wires out the other side and harness. What is really throwing me off is the gas tank it's cap is more on the side than most normal bikes I been researching. So far to get this thing moving if it starts is gas cap,throttle/kill switch combo,Chain tensioners (since my 9 year old though he would play mechanic and lost em)and a pull start which I notice there was three styles for these bike A,B,and C im thinking the A is the one I need so I'll go from there .once this starts up and shows promise I plan to compley restore it .be a nice little putt around with thanks for any help appreciate it all

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Becareful when you buy a pull start or paw on the crankshaft that they are the right ones, it's easy to get the wrong parts. You can put a Zip-Lock and rubber band over the tank hole to start. Measure the dia. of the tank threads before you buy one, can't tell by looking. PB Parts should have any thing you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts