Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello PBP!
Im new to pocketbikes, despite wanting one since i was a kid (parents never let me) :(
so upon purchasing one, I found it has tags on the frame saying its a WVPR-204, which means nothing to me. i assume thats just the manufactures model?? It also says 49cc engine which i dont think it is. might be the 47cc, how do I tell?
Now my biggest concern is parts. Im in Canada and the place google tells me is amazon, but i dont trust the sellers, the quailty, or the fact that I may not get everything in the box (reviews on amazon)
I want to do the bore kit, is it worth it depending on the motor I have?
Where can I buy parts? (not amazon or ebay)

Thank you for any input.

if you DM me I can email a photo of the motor/bike

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
583 Posts
Hey, welcome. Other places, banggood, ebay.
I usually almost always use ebay.
There are other sites too.

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
You just order and if you don't get your parts put in a dispute it's easy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, welcome. Other places, banggood, ebay.
I usually almost always use ebay.
There are other sites too.
hey, thank you. I will check out banggood. I don't use ebay :/
I also need to check what motor size because the frame says 49cc, but how can I be sure? ive tried measuring certain components and it seems like a 47cc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, you will have to pull the cylinder head off and measure the inside power 40 mm or 44 mm

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
It's actually 43cc when it comes to selling stuff the Chinese are really poor at math especially when it comes to car stereo equipment batteries and engine sizes lol my buddy got a 2300 watt amp off wish seems like the Chinese added an extra zero somewhere because it only did 230 Watts on my watt meter at work 😂😆🤣 with a lot of heat and distortion...

·
Registered
583 Posts
thanks guys. so if my tape measure is correct its 40mm across, so I guess it is a 47cc?
BUT it is still a great engine, all mods apply. Only difference is the Rod, piston, cylinder head. With a 40 mm the rod should have a 10 mm wrist pin. So anytime you do a 44mm swap you need a 10 mm wrist pin and piston. Otherwise yhey are the same engines as well as parts. I always search up 47cc parts and usually everything comes up.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's actually 43cc when it comes to selling stuff the Chinese are really poor at math especially when it comes to car stereo equipment batteries and engine sizes lol my buddy got a 2300 watt amp off wish seems like the Chinese added an extra zero somewhere because it only did 230 Watts on my watt meter at work 😂😆🤣 with a lot of heat and distortion...
For sure. Just look up the CAG cranks on ebay. Lol

·
Banned
380 Posts
China orders are taking 2 plus months now. If you have a bank account credit or debit card, get PayPal, its free and they take care of your address and everything to the seller and tell you when it ships. So, many times PayPal and eBay have helped me get my money back. eBay search: MT-A2, 47, 49cc 2 stroke pocket bike parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, did you find what your looking for yet.
I have been looking high and low trying to find the right parts from a reputable source.... have yet to do so. probably just gonna risk it and order something off amazon, theres a few brands on there like GOOFIT, and RaceBoy so ill trry one of those. no idea if they will be the correct parts as the sellers arent always accurate.

Thank you all for your help and input

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats all you can do. If they are wrong, bad reviews after you get, but get them to correct the problem or return the product for a full refund, return shipping included.
Although most of my stuff has been acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
The brand means basically nothing they are all the same kits there are only two head kits left that I know of in production the one we call the Batman ( because it has a piece that bolts on top of the head that looks kind of like the Batman symbol ). Then the other one is an ADA racing clone head. ( ADA racing no longer makes heads for pocket bikes because it is not profitable for them.

All of them are just a stock cylinder with the head parted off on a CNC lathe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The brand means basically nothing they are all the same kits there are only two head kits left that I know of in production the one we call the Batman ( because it has a piece that bolts on top of the head that looks kind of like the Batman symbol ). Then the other one is an ADA racing clone head. ( ADA racing no longer makes heads for pocket bikes because it is not profitable for them.

All of them are just a stock cylinder with the head parted off on a CNC lathe.
I am curious to know if they are "53cc ,54cc" like the product description claims them to be on something like this.
I also have a 10mm cylinder pin. Does that mean I need the larger piston arm? o_O

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
I am curious to know if they are "53cc ,54cc" like the product description claims them to be on something like this.
I also have a 10mm cylinder pin. Does that mean I need the larger piston arm? o_O
You will need a new crankshaft since they put the connecting rod on the crankshaft with a 20-ton press you need the one with the 12 mm wrist pin bore.

There are only two sizes for the Cagllari Daytona engine ( Robbin/Subaru NB411 clone engine) the 43cc with a 40mm cylinder bore and a 10 mm wrist pin and the 49cc 44mm cylinder bore with a 12 mm wrist pin

There is no such thing as a 53/54 cc they straight up lie and advertise a 49cc engine as a 53 cc engine and hope that unsuspecting buyers will buy their engine instead of the honest seller's engine.

eBay and Amazon are the only reliable places to get pocket bike parts including tires and Wheels all of the dedicated pocket bike shops have closed down.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts