Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a X-1, the one w/ small grey box looking for tranny. I'm pretty sure its a single speed.. but my friend is convinced that its two. We both have the same bike. So can someone tell me that its a single speed w/o me taking apart the tranny? Also, if I were to take it apart what would I see inside? 2 gears w/ chain?

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahahhaha.. Whats up James! I guess you're everywhere on the Net. I havent been here for few weeks and they deleted my account. Guess I need to work back up to my whooping 14post count.
Oh nice avator by the way!~ Nice form

·
Registered
80 Posts
CVT is one speed as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the pepboys x1, it have tow diferrent cluches that engage at diferent speed. Tha is what make it felt like two gears.

·
Registered
541 Posts
the silver tranny is a single speed,the cvt is contstantly variable ratio,it has a belt and pulleys that change size(the pulleys spread apart making the belt slip farther into the pulley making the ratio different),this changes based on load and spead. On the cvt bikes the motor hits its highest power and the tranny does all the work to change the wheel speed.Eventually it runs out of gear and then you can hear the motor start to rev higher but this is at 30+. I rode a 650cc quad that had they same type of tranny,and they also make cvt for minibikes and go carts that use a briggs and stratton motor.

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey vtec... this is off topic,

but way to show us how to ride safely! and it also kinda looks like a street in back with houses....

·
Registered
64 Posts
iDR07 said:
hey vtec... this is off topic,

but way to show us how to ride safely! and it also kinda looks like a street in back with houses....
LOL I live at a cul de sac, that was right in front of my house. The neighbors don't really care, just as long as I'm not too loud or wreckless... I actually let the kids ride w/ all the gears of course. As far as me being unsafe, I was going like 5mph for the camera :p I ALWAYS wear full leathers when I ride the big bikes. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
blue rocket said:
CVT is one speed as well
Bunch of know it all on here huh. CVT is two speed homie. Take off the tranny and look for yourself. People should think before they talk cus a lot of you on here think you know what your talking about but really YOU DONT. 9866075

·
Registered
240 Posts
turn-n-low said:
Bunch of know it all on here huh. CVT is two speed homie. Take off the tranny and look for yourself. People should think before they talk cus a lot of you on here think you know what your talking about but really YOU DONT. 9866075
Homework for turn-n-low:
1. Read article on CVT transmission.
http://cvt.com.sapo.pt/toc_en.htm
2. Report back to PBP how many gears CVT really is.
3. Apologize to blue rocket for being nasty.
4. Apologize to PBP readers for being nasty.
5. Think before "you" speak.

No one on the site claims to know everything about these bikes, that is why we come here. To post our questions and help others with our findings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a x1 with the CVT transmission. It has good acceleration, but tops out at 25mph. The rear cvt pulley stays closed at full throttle. The belt is 13 inch and is tight.What could be the problem. Pleae help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cvt question

Outlaw50 said:
Here is a pic of a CVT tranny
I have the same cvt. the rear pulley ( the one with the spring on front ). Does that open up at full throttle. Mine stays closed all the time. Could the belt be to small. Should I go to a 12". Can you adjust the tension?

Thanks in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts