Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My x 18 pocket bike starts leaking oil when i try and start it. It will not start, even though the spark plug is new and the carburetor is clean. I took the front cover of the engine off, and the oil is spraying from the hole where one of the four main screws is located. Help please, I did all I could, and it isn't working. The motor is the default one that comes with the bike, a four stroke 110cc. This one http://www.scooterpartsplace.com/images/products/detail/110cc_SemiAuto_4Stroke_Engine.jpg

thanks,
mark

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if you took the head cover off, did you rip the paper gasket between the cover and the head? also there are four washers under the nuts and the brass one goes on the lower side of the kickstart side
AND the 4 headbolts need to be torqued to 10ftlbs, slowly,evenly
i think you just ripped the gasket
you can go buy a roll at advance and trace the headplate out and make your own gasket

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try to do that but the oil is leaking from everywhere, not just the head. Is that a different problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked, the paper gasket is intact, but the brass washer was on the shifter side( I have a manual transmission bike). Could that still be the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts