Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it's an x-22. I just brought this from a guy for $20 and it is missing the whole fairing for it. It started at first when I was driving it home it seem kinda slow, right after I got home and off the bike it cut off even before I did anything and it smell kinda like smoke.
Now it won't start and no signs of life at all no lights nothing. The fuse is also fine but I think it fried the wiring. Was wondering if that would mess up everything else . Im on phone and have no way of posting pics at the moment. And thanks in advance

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Can't go wrong for $20. Hard to tell whats wrong with out being there. Have to look at the wiring and see if you have a spark at the spark plug, then put gas down the carb and see if it tries to start. If the pilot jet in the carb gets dirty it will stop running and make the engine run real hot.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If it was direct to ground maybe not, you might need to check your stator on the left side of the engine, under the case cover. It has electrical coils and makes power to charge the battery, and the coil. Without that the bikes dead, you can test it, a new one is $20 online. There are like 5 different ones.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There like car batteries have to keep them charged. My new X18 battery lasted 18 months and I took care of it with a charging plug in winter. Made in China, get a powersport battery Wal-Mart or auto store for $40. I got a China Gel battery on eBay for $30, 12v. 7 amp hr.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
From the photos that CAM2 posted, the full auto has a three shoe clutch that looks alot like a MT-A2 Cag. I have a 125cc ATV w/ auto reverse, has the same clutch I believe. It can be modded to let the engine rev higher before the clutches engage. Or more HP, faster starts. Change the gearing is another way for top speed.
Mine is brand new, but one day next summer I will take the clutch off, drill holes in the arms and find stiffer spring for the arm. Sanding the bell and taking the glaze off the shoes will help also. I got an orange hp coil and blue finned racing CDI, on eBay for $22. I have the sellers name still.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Some X7s come with an auto 110cc engine. Think it will fit, just have to make your on motor mounts to the frame. Try to look for a photo here that shows a 110cc X7, see how the engine sits in the frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.