Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to this forum) but i know about pocket bikes. Basicly i have an older x1 bike with its 49cc engine, but the engine is CRAP! It cant idle (gasget issue) but it'll do 35mph. Im thinkin of buyin a 125cc lifan (im tryin to keep the prices low so if there is a better/less expensive engine letme know). Can you tell me what mods i'll have to do to the frame? I just got an arc welder:)
Is the gear/clutch on the correct side where my chain usaully goes?
Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120464942095&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=89005852542

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, if you go to ebay and type in 125cc engine it comes up as the third result i think. Most of the results are the same engine anyway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep should b lots of fun! I hope to sell some stuff i have and get 300+ dollars then i can get the engine and other parts along the way. Since this motor is for a xr50, i assume it uses the 420 size chain that is on the dirtbike. I wonder if the 410 size chain on my x1 will fit the motors sprocket? Hmmmm. What tooth sprocket will i need for the bike? Can i keep it stock?

Thanks again!

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
The first problem is it has a clutch cable, so your bike will have one brake, and I think that engine drives on the left side. Is your chain on the right.
For a second brake you would need a foot pedal on the right.
Better off with an auto matic and a front and rear brake. You can beef up the auto clutch.

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Hi, Im new to this forum) but i know about pocket bikes. Basicly i have an older x1 bike with its 49cc engine, but the engine is CRAP! It cant idle (gasget issue) but it'll do 35mph. Im thinkin of buyin a 125cc lifan (im tryin to keep the prices low so if there is a better/less expensive engine letme know). Can you tell me what mods i'll have to do to the frame? I just got an arc welder:)
Is the gear/clutch on the correct side where my chain usaully goes?
Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120464942095&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=89005852542
Youll need to fab up some 4 stroke engine mounts to mount the engine or you can get away with using the 2 stroker flat mount and adding a bigger thicker plate with a different downtube support for the front by utilizing a 110/125cc ATC trike upper engine mount thats built into the forward rocker arm cover for extra support

The rear swingarm can be flipped and the rear shock mount relocated but id build a shock mount into the upper seat tubes and run a better quality longer shock with limited travel to eliminate chain skipping or using a chain tensioner to help out.....................

Youll also need better front forks......the stock ones cant handle the stresses of a 2 smoker for prolonged periods of time especially wheelies let alone the extra 75-85 lbs of the 4 stroker engine youre planning on throwing in it...........

For the brakes...2 cables into a specially sold handle and you can activate the front and trear brakes at the same time with 1 lever.......................

Good luck....................

One of my projects is sticking a Xr100 engine in the X1 frame....It was tedious work but I got it in there..................The front forks are from a PW80 from when I modified my PW with front hydraulic disc brake and got rid of the drum brake.......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question for u guys

where can i get an exhaust pipe/muffler? Can i use the one that was on the two smoker bcause it doesnt have a compression chamber? Do you even need an exhaust on a 4 stroke?

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Of course it will need an exhaust system to keep it from running lean when it scavenges back just before it totally hits TDC

You can either buy an aftermarket perf exhaust for a pitbike and rework it to fit or a stock setup from an X6/X8 4 stroke bike will suffice...............

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what i think im going to get and sell with prices

Pocket bike upgrades

125cc motor.                                       273
Exhuast pipe.                                        89
Speedo.                                                   20
Bolts, metal, etc.                                  15
accesorys(neon, paint,etc)              40

TOTAL.                                                437

Selling items

Rc nitro buggy.                        80
Brushless rc truck.                180
Steering wheel.                        130
Pocket bike motor.                50
Exhuast pipe.                          20

TOTAL.                                 442

Difference.                442
                                   -------
                                        5( gas)

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
What kind of pocket bike engine for $50??

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
43cc Zenoah eh?

Does the trans come with it?
Oh no, let me guess Cam, Quad Engine, Mini Blowers, 2WD <--both wheels hooked up to drive) Off road Pocket Armored Bike?

Your really the Super Bike Mod Master! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imma guessing the stock engine hes a pulling off the project build...........43cc Zenoah eh?

Does the trans come with it?
Yes. and i think its a 49cc because it has a red motor.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the new plan for what im goin to buy tell me what you think

Pocket bike upgrades

125cc motor.                                       273
Exhuast pipe.                                        89
Speedo.                                                   20
Bolts, metal, etc.                                  15
accesorys(neon, paint,etc)              25
Shocks.                                                   75

TOTAL.                                                497                                              

Selling items

Rc nitro buggy.                        80
Brushless rc truck.                180
Steering wheel.                        130
Pocket bike motor.                50
Exhuast pipe.                          20
Shocks.                                     20
Gokart.                                     50

TOTAL.                                 530

Thanks again

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Oh no, let me guess Cam, Quad Engine, Mini Blowers, 2WD <--both wheels hooked up to drive) Off road Pocket Armored Bike?

You really the Super Bike Mod Master! :D
I have too many ongoing projects....... Everywhere you look is tools,,paint and supplies in homedepot and autoparts stores bags everywhere hanging on bikes/frames.....I gotta start completing them faster.......

I was just asking for the benefit of the thread aswell as to help out EPR who I know needs one for his projects..............

Thanks for the kind words Nick

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

So for front shock im going to get gas shocks for the x7. What will i need to modify? The 125cc lifan im planning on getting is 17 ins long! How will i get the to fit?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love this thread because its everything I will need for my 110cc onto my x6 :)

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Update

So for front shock im going to get gas shocks for the x7. What will i need to modify? The 125cc lifan im planning on getting is 17 ins long! How will i get the to fit?
The X7 and X1 have totally different bearing and neck designs...........The X15 triple trees would be a better match so would PW80 front forks but youd need to drill and tap for a caliper bracket without drilling into the fork oil reservoir//////////...............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts