Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying another midbike. It looks like a apc x1 or a x2 by the front end. Its missing the motor and trans. Does the x1/2 use the same 49cc with Ctv trans as a x5? I have a extra 49cc with a Ctv trans.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
The X1 has a gear reduction tranny and the CVT will not bolt in to a X1 frame with out moving the motor mount over and forward some. Most X1's came with a 43cc motor X2's came with the 49cc mostly.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the apc 272 the same as an x1?
I'm going off by the pictures on one of the other threads.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The transmissions and mounts are different on the X1 & X2. Not sure what bike you have. Some have a half shaft and 2 chains.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Is the apc 272 the same as an x1?
I'm going off by the pictures on one of the other threads.
Yes the APC 272 bikes are X1's they were sold by the APC aftermarket carparts company who bought them from the chinese in one huge lot..Slapped their stickers on them and sold them to Pepboys autoparts stores back in 2002-2004..................

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH ok. I dont have the bikes yet. Iv been talking to 2 people that selling them online. One is a APC that doesnt run but it has everything there. And the 2nd one doesnt have any stickers on it but it has the same front end as a x1 or x2 and its missing the motor and trans. But both are cheap.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would try to get X bike w/ the CVT transmission, you can modd it to work even better with alittle work, the engine too.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of mods can you do to the CVT?

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
You dont lighten the roller weights you change the weight in them. As a matter of fact I put more weight in than it had stock. Just used 2 difference size weights. But this dont need done until you over mod your motor to the point its not getting up on the pipe anymore. Deburred everything so the plate slides easier without any hangups

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You dont lighten the roller weights you change the weight in them. As a matter of fact I put more weight in than it had stock. Just used 2 difference size weights. But this dont need done until you over mod your motor to the point its not getting up on the pipe anymore. Deburred everything so the plate slides easier without any hangups
I dropped weight to acheive a delayed variation..I tried all different ways,,less rollers ,more rollers,,,My weights stock were 25.7 grams...I removed the delrin covers and gropped 1.2 grams off each roller and dropped them to around 20-21 grams....When I add weight my belt starts variating with-in the first 10ft...My trans dont variate until just about redline with the lighter rollers...That way it feels like an old rupp two speed belt drive transmission and I get a sweet lowend takeoff with no lag on my scooter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.