Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just got my first pocket bike, i have a x1.
they original owner lost the key so he took apart the entire fuse box and i really do not know how to reset it up to the all the electrics running... i really could use help thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not sure how much you actually care about electrics but i dont even use them:/ In the beginning you will really want everything to work but eventually you won't care. Bottom line is that fixing up the electrics is a waste of money in my opinion:p They seem cool to use on the bike but performance is all i care about. You might just want to save some money for parts. I also have an X1. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how much you actually care about electrics but i dont even use them:/ In the beginning you will really want everything to work but eventually you won't care. Bottom line is that fixing up the electrics is a waste of money in my opinion:p They seem cool to use on the bike but performance is all i care about. You might just want to save some money for parts. I also have an X1. :D
well i just want my electric start to work lol, and was not sure how to set it up., and as far as performance goes what have you done to your x1? i am really excited to get started on my upgrades! lol.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
well i just want my electric start to work lol, and was not sure how to set it up., and as far as performance goes what have you done to your x1? i am really excited to get started on my upgrades! lol.
All of the electrical *can be* removed, all the bike needs is the coil and the spark plug, and a couple wires, EVERYTHING else CAN go!

nAsA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the electrical *can be* removed, all the bike needs is the coil and the spark plug, and a couple wires, EVERYTHING else CAN go!

nAsA.
lol well, like i said man, this is my 1st one, and i really dont know how to do that stuff yet lol. i will learn soon tho! aha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
86 Posts
My electric start does not work either but pull start works in 3 pulls. When i got my bike off of craigslist I tuned it to 28 mph. I bought a "fatty" pipe and i got up to 32 mph. Also with the new pipe i had a much bigger "power band" (better acceleration basically). I also bought a 25 tooth sprocket for the rear wheel for extra speed but i broke the screws while taking off the stock sprocket. I bought a new rear rim to fix this problem and i'm waiting for it to come in the mail (tomorrow). Also i'm in the process of buying a new high performance carb. (warlboro 603 is the best for X1). I'm hoping all of my "tune ups" will get me to 38 mph!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
My electric start does not work either but pull start works in 3 pulls. When i got my bike off of craigslist I tuned it to 28 mph. I bought a "fatty" pipe and i got up to 32 mph. Also with the new pipe i had a much bigger "power band" (better acceleration basically). I also bought a 25 tooth sprocket for the rear wheel for extra speed but i broke the screws while taking off the stock sprocket. I bought a new rear rim to fix this problem and i'm waiting for it to come in the mail (tomorrow). Also i'm in the process of buying a new high performance carb. (warlboro 603 is the best for X1). I'm hoping all of my "tune ups" will get me to 38 mph!

You must have more $$$ than I do, LUCKY! :p:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well a few others also told me to basicly take out all my electronics and just stick with a pull start, will make my bike lighter and i guess increase the performance. but i need to buy a new pull start for my bike, the plastic inside that catches is donzo. so im kinda just looking for the basics for upgrading it! thanks for the imput man i really appricate it! :D

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
haha, got another quick one. can i literally take all the electrical **** out? like fuse box and all the wiring and stuff?.

If you do not expect lights, signals, E-start etc etc, yes! ALMOST all of it can go in the TRASH!

Nasa.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The WT-813 is better than the WT-603 but its still good........

A rocket key,,lightened flywheel,,boost bottles and lightened clutches will help even more............

Increasing compression and port timing the engine for performance will help round it out aswell as adding a 49cc bbk seeings most X1's are 43cc's.............

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The WT-813 is better than the WT-603 but its still good........

A rocket key,,lightened flywheel,,boost bottles and lightened clutches will help even more............

Increasing compression and port timing the engine for performance will help round it out aswell as adding a 49cc bbk seeings most X1's are 43cc's.............
cam, thanks for your imput man, ur a huge help for all the new owners out here like me! appricate it so much bro!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts