Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whadd up fellow bikers, i just got a used X1 pocket bike but i still am waiting for my pull start to arrive in the mail.. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to make it go 30+ mph... what are some quality parts i could put on my new hot rod baby? thanks,
Big Ears Johnny

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
make sure all the free stuff is covered first, brakes not dragging, wheels spinning freely, chain tension etc....

then, get that carb dialed in if it isn't already...

after that, if you must have more power, grab a new plug, set the gap on the coil / flywheel, and maybe upgrade the carburetor....

a tuned pipe will help too but they cost some $$$

Whadd up fellow bikers, i just got a used X1 pocket bike but i still am waiting for my pull start to arrive in the mail.. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to make it go 30+ mph... what are some quality parts i could put on my new hot rod baby? thanks,
Big Ears Johnny

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
$22 is an AWESOME price! I remember the "fatty" pipes were well over $100

for $22 it makes more sense! tuned "expansion" pipes are a must for a 2-stroke, it could add up to (lets say) 20-30% (best case) but for $20 if it adds 10% more power it's well worth it!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
that pipe Cam linked is one, and at that price it's worth a try, the stock pipe is just a piece of straight pipe <---not tuned the linked pipe has a "belly" which will help with the return pulses a 2-stroke needs.

The big fatty pipes might be a little better, but they are at least twice the price, if not way more...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
make sure all the free stuff is covered first, brakes not dragging, wheels spinning freely, chain tension etc....

then, get that carb dialed in if it isn't already...

after that, if you must have more power, grab a new plug, set the gap on the coil / flywheel, and maybe upgrade the carburetor....

a tuned pipe will help too but they cost some $$$
What does getting the carb dialed mean, and what about the gap on the coil/flywheel... how much power will that give me and what do i have to do?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
$22 is an AWESOME price! I remember the "fatty" pipes were well over $100

for $22 it makes more sense! tuned "expansion" pipes are a must for a 2-stroke, it could add up to (lets say) 20-30% (best case) but for $20 if it adds 10% more power it's well worth it!
Heck yeah.I know how to save money in my hobbies;-lol........When scooterparts4less was having a blowout sale I ordered 5 the last time.....

A couple went on my X-1's,,1 went on my homemade r/c buggy,,1 went on my razor chopper and the last one went on my stand-up scooter...

The two Im waiting on either are going on my twin engined Mini Harley or ones going on my Zenoah powered cag and the others going on my green Monster Energy X-1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts