Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I asked my neighbor if i could buy his pocket bike and he just offered it for free so i took up on it. I had a spare carb for it as the old one was no good and got it running. I am going to paint it tomorrow not sure what colors yet. I ordered a big bore kit, filter, performance carb. Right now im undergoing taking off all the electric stuff and start. But i was reading up and im not sure if there was a woodruff key behind the armature that i took out. Can anyone tell me if there is one and what size it is because im pretty sure i may have lost it if there was one and i was hoping to get it running tomorrow with elec start off. thanks! ps im only 17.

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
Sometimes there is no key and China manufacturing will glue the starter side together take it to a lawnmower shop or ace hardware and they will have a assortment of keys that you can match them up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes there is no key and China manufacturing will glue the starter side together take it to a lawnmower shop or ace hardware and they will have a assortment of keys that you can match them up
haha alright thanks. i actually think there is no key when i look at if there is a groove on the armature and a bump already on the pull engine side of pull start.

edit: the bump is the woodruff key, its just stuck on there pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts