Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright peeps, I have a muddy-gold X1 sitting in the garage. Although it's my baby, you wouldn't think so. It's dusty and has been sitting for a year. I want to make this my "it" bike. It needs some major love. Since it's my only bike, I want to put some power in it. I am a complete newbie.

The only thing I'm sure of is a paint scheme! I want to do an orange frame, white body panels with a large team Teku decal(yes, from the Hot Wheels movies) that I will need to get custom made. Must incorporate the light blue in some other way because those are the logo colors. Here it is for reference: Logo

What bodies can I put on an X1 frame? Not a fan of its front end and I'd like a lower slung side panel set.

Is there a decent, dual exhaust that will fit or can be fitted? Any exhaust recommendations?

Engine - In a perfect world, I'd like to know my bike is capable of 50mph. I'm light weight. I won't be riding that fast usually but knowing I can is worth keeping the bike and not needing to constantly change things about it. Engine swap? Mods? I need anyone's input! And then filters, carbs, sprocket stuff etc.

Oh and the other big mod. I want nice motorcycle wheels/tires. This is where the frame will need to be modified right(the swing arm?). And where could I get this dream tire set? I need shorter fenders too, I like more of the tire to show. Could maybe cut what I have.

I'm compiling a list of things I'll need:

Scorpion battery and SpeedCharge digital charger ($70)
Toggle Switch for start conversion ($3)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick! I'm googling too and searching through old members' posts for tips.

I can get an extension bracket for bigger wheels for $20. Now I just need to see what else I need for a wheel mod and what kind of wheels I want.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I've spent all day with my head buried in research. I have a list but **** this dream bike will COST.

I only have one question...can X7 fairings be made to fit on an X1 frame? And can stock X7 wheels be fitted in the frame?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Okay I've spent all day with my head buried in research. I have a list but **** this dream bike will COST.

I only have one question...can X7 fairings be made to fit on an X1 frame? And can stock X7 wheels be fitted in the frame?
They all do thats why following through and never selling it is the key.............Id rather take a 5th job than sell my toys.............

With some modifying the X7 bodypanels will fit the X1...I did the opposite with X1 body on an X18...........

As for the wheels ...........They will fit diameter wise but width wise may take some fittment with wheel spacers and relocated caliper mounts.............

I went totally wild with this project...........havent finished it yet because it was for my nephew and then his grades started dipping which I frown upon so maybe one day Ill finish it for myself........I have madd projects on the benches and filling the sheds to finish first ;-lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you cam!! You are awesome. Appreciate the pics! Hopefully this crazy goal happens sooner than later but I finally know what I want and I want this bike to last. And oh how I'd love to see your projects.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
You guys are COOL!

But Sometimes Vampires can scare me!

Sorry BatVamp I clicked on this thread one too many times, look what the numbers told me about your kick butt thread! :eek:

Nicky.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are too!

Vampires are totally not scary! They're like Slipknot...look scary but really all it takes is a hug haha.

The numbers lol are probably from me also. I rounded out my list of mods yesterday. Extensive. But I figured out almost all the aesthetic mods on that bike I was drooling over and where to get them. Winning! Now just need the funds.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
batvamp, hey, i admire your pursuit of refining your baby
realistly your wants are gonna exceed that bike, unless you put in a 15hp wc motor
i would not mess with the geometry too much unless you really know where the stress points are
if i was you i would find a x7 frame witch is just a tad bigger than the x1, or a x18 frame
either way try to get one that have a 4T mounts and you will go 50 so much safer

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Blitz! I have been on the lookout for a reasonably priced used X7 but so far, not many options with a motor that can be electrically started. Putting a minor 3week hold on project to see if I can find one. Appreciate the input!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
np, keep looking on c list for kids that have their battery die or something simple and make a buy
id leave the x1 as it was or slightly improved and move on to a different sort of build
there is always someone selling a stock 110 4sp cause they bought a bigger motor
and the stock motors are estart as well
gl, my sister just informed me today that she wanted to learn how to ride my bike so she could get a small commuter eventually, now if i could get her racing

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LA seems to have dried up bike-wise. I see tons of cat eyes and cat eye parts, will keep looking though.

Yay convince another girl! There was a female rider on the freeway a few weeks ago and I must've been staring with my mouth open because she flipped her visor and winked.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I get an exact HP air filter suggestion please? I'm a bit confused by the degrees/angles. I can't seem to sell the blue X1 so I can't go for an X7 just yet. I'm getting the vstack from my mechanic.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Cam! I have one more question for you...Bosch Superstart spark plug...I have 4 options. Reach 9.5mm or 19mm?
The 9.5mm - the only difference between the 2 are the gaps...(.032) and (.035).
The 19mm reach ones, ones 19mm and the other is 20.6mm

I have no idea what any of that means but I think it's all regarding size lol.

Nick - haha with a helmet and jacket on. You just reminded me how old my avatar is.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thanks Cam! I have one more question for you...Bosch Superstart spark plug...I have 4 options. Reach 9.5mm or 19mm?
The 9.5mm - the only difference between the 2 are the gaps...(.032) and (.035).
The 19mm reach ones, ones 19mm and the other is 20.6mm

I have no idea what any of that means but I think it's all regarding size lol.

Nick - haha with a helmet and jacket on. You just reminded me how old my avatar is.
Silly boys and their Silly toys!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes! But I ended up choosing the Bosch platinum +2 plug. Woohoo for decisions!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thoughts on this pipe? It is just an aesthetic piece or will I get some higher level of performance?

Or should I just spring for the fatty pipe? Any other options?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts