Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was thinking of purchasing a rear light (break light) I was wondering how it would work. Is it difficult to hook it up and where would i attach the wiring to? Also would it light up when i break or just be lit the entire time? Not really sure, anything would be great, Thanks! :D Pictures would be great also!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Which way are you planning on doing it,,,cheap and easy or made to last?

The brakelight and running light combo I made for my x1 utilize the front brake aswell as footpedal for taillight activation hooked off the battery and protected by a 10 amp fuse and 10 amp power relay...It also has a wire that hooks into the headlight switch and the bulb Im usinmg is an 1157 dual filament bulb

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which way are you planning on doing it,,,cheap and easy or made to last?

The brakelight and running light combo I made for my x1 utilize the front brake aswell as footpedal for taillight activation hooked off the battery and protected by a 10 amp fuse and 10 amp power relay...It also has a wire that hooks into the headlight switch and the bulb Im usinmg is an 1157 dual filament bulb

I'm just looking to do it cheap and easy: X1_X2_body (scroll down to the tail light) I just want to know where it hooks up and how.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12v +, a ground, and route it through the brake light switch, but, RACE cars / bikes don't need brake lights?!?!? :confused:
I understand I dont need it but i'm doing to make my dad happy. I'm only 15 and he's already skeptical about me riding and whether people will see me, etc.... blah blah. But where do the two wires hook up to?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hook the 12v hot wire with 10 amp fuse direct to the light............

Hook the other line which is ground into the brake handle switch on one wire and ground the other wire coming from the brakehandle switch to the negative side of the battery....................

When you pull the handle it will ground the taillight bulb and make it activate,,,,You can do it to both brakehandles aswell with no bad consequences or complicated wiring,,,Good luck

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts